At Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust patient care is at the heart of everything we do. We serve around 600,000 people and run three hospitals – Andover War Memorial Hospital, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital and Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester – as well as community services and specialist services for which we are recognised nationally and internationally.
We also provide care at the Countess of Brecknock Hospice in Andover and outpatient services in Alton, Bordon and Romsey. Below is some great information about what we do at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust:
• In the NHS Staff Survey, our own staff recommended us as good places to work and be treated.
• We hold an annual Director of Nursing Awards and monthly WOW awards for staff.
• Our staff are encouraged to innovate and improve patient care – we are active in research and development.
• We have some of the lowest infection rates in England.
• Patients rate us better than average on privacy, respect and dignity and also praise the cleanliness of our hospitals.
• Our stroke service is recognised as one of the best performing in the UK.
• We are one of only two centres in the UK treating the rare abdominal cancer pseudomyxoma peritonei and we are leaders in the field of liver and colorectal cancers.
• We are pioneering intraoperative radiotherapy for breast cancer. All of our available vacancies can be found at www.jobs.nhs.uk