The Software Engineer in the Data Science department is responsible for developing data pipelines and collaborating with data scientists to create advanced analytics applications for ABC Supply. These pipelines and applications will fuel their Data Science practice at ABC Supply. This will include building web applications to support custom analytical applications, automating data collection, and working to advance our back end automation for all analytical workloads.
This will include use of modern programming languages and agile software development practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop data pipelines from all sources. This could include IOT devices to traditional database management systems.
- Develop and collaborate on advanced analytical applications at ABC. These would include solutions that require features outside of our Data Visualization solution and software to automate the build process of data science models.
- Build solutions that support Agile delivery of software. To include continuous integration/delivery pipelines.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with data scientists\solution\information architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals
- Effective time management.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Project execution using various methodologies.
- Ability to mentor individuals
- Education: BS/BA in computer science, software engineering or mathematics.
- Professional Experience: Minimum two years of experience in design, development, administration, troubleshooting of advanced analytics applications and/or data pipelines.
- Strong ability in Python for data pipelines and web applications.
- Strong technical capabilities and aptitude
- Strong knowledge of application development concepts and practices.
- Strong understanding of networking and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery systems and/or practices.
- Experience with Azure Data Lake, Azure Batch, Azure App, Docker all pluses.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: as required by the specific position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by ABC Supply Co., Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1