PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change. Big-data and digital technologies are driving business transformation that is unlocking new capabilities and business innovations in areas like eCommerce, mobile experiences and IoT. The key to winning in these areas is being able to leverage enterprise data foundations built on PepsiCo’s global business scale to enable business insights, advanced analytics and new product development. PepsiCo’s Data Management and Operations team is tasked with the responsibility of developing quality data collection processes, maintaining the integrity of our data foundations and enabling business leaders and data scientists across the company to have rapid access to the data they need for decision-making and innovation.
What PepsiCo Data Management and Operations does:
- Maintain a predictable, transparent, global operating rhythm that ensures always-on access to high-quality data for stakeholders across the company
- Responsible for day-to-day data collection, transportation, maintenance/curation and access to the PepsiCo corporate data asset
- Work cross-functionally across the enterprise to centralize data and standardize it for use by business, data science or other stakeholders
- Increase awareness about available data and democratize access to it across the company
As a cloud data platform manager, you will be the key technical expert responsible for end-to-end integrated cloud data platform architecture, design, and implementation for cloud-native data engineering applications, ML processing, and applications moving from on-premises to the public cloud for PepsiCo’s Global Data & Analytics products. You will be leading a multi-discipline engineering team responsible for architecting and delivering secure, robust, and modern cloud-based data & analytics platforms, engineering practices and implement frameworks to significantly increase the level of care for data and agility to use it across PepsiCo’s ecosystem. The candidate will work alongside Enterprise Solution Architecture and Infrastructure engineering teams to develop cloud-native solutions and support key operational aspects like availability, reliability, performance, and monitoring of public cloud data infrastructure, focusing on building self-service tools and automation. This position will collaborate across the data analytics and data science organizations to support the creation of strategic data products and enable consistently trusted data to drive data science and unlock analytics that delivers actionable insights across PepsiCo business and deliver great experiences for PepsiCo customers.
- Provide leadership and management to a team of cloud platform engineers, managing processes and their flow of work, vetting their designs, and mentoring them to realize their full potential.
- Engages with team members, uses informal and structured approaches to career development to focus on individual improvement/capabilities, and to provide balanced feedback.
- Provide a thorough review of platform architecture, labor costs and optimal cloud hosting costs.
- Provide strategic technical and architectural mentorship to senior management, project team members and functional organizations.
- Evolve the architectural capabilities and maturity of the data platform by engaging with enterprise architects and strategic internal and external partners.
- Establish and manage architecture councils, forums, and other related thought-leadership innovation activities.
- Build and own the automation and monitoring frameworks that captures metrics and operational KPIs for data platform availability and performance.
- Responsible for implementing best practices around systems integration, security, performance of data platform.
- Responsible for describing key features or products, services, and/or solutions required to be developed by other organizations; advocates and monitors the delivery of the solutions.
- Empower the business by creating value through the increased adoption of data, data science and business intelligence landscape.
- Collaborate with internal clients (data science and product teams) to drive solutioning and POC discussions.
- Manage & support large-scale experimentation done by data scientists.
- Partner with the business, IT, and technical subject matter experts to ensure execution of enterprise-wide data engineering platform automation framework development.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of digital architecture blueprint(s) by monitoring industry and technology trends.
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Lead the implementation DevOps, DataOps and Agile methodologies to improve KPIs like cycle times, consistency, and quality.
- Define and manage SLAs for data products and processes running in production.
- Design and prototype new approaches and build solutions at scale.
- Research and cultivate in state-of-the-art data engineering methodologies.
- Establish practices of documentation for learnings and knowledge transfer.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
External Position Title
Senior Manager, Cloud Data Platform Engineer
Qualifications / Requirements
- 10+ years of overall technology experience that includes at least 8+ years of hands-on software development, data engineering, and systems architecture.
- 8+ years of experience with Data Lake Infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools.
- 8+ years of experience in SQL optimization and performance tuning, and development experience in programming languages like Python, PySpark, Scala etc.).
- 5+ years in cloud data engineering experience in at least one cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Fluent with Azure cloud services. Azure Certification is a plus.
- Experience scaling and managing a team of 5+ engineers.
- Experience with integration of multi cloud services with on-premises technologies.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building high-volume ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Experience with data quality and data profiling tools like Apache Griffin, Deequ, and Great Expectations.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Experience with at least one MPP database technology such as Redshift, Synapse or SnowFlake.
- Experience with running and scaling applications on the cloud infrastructure and containerized services like Kubernetes.
- Experience in cost estimation for cloud hosting.
- Experience with version control systems like Github and deployment & CI tools.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Databricks and Mlflow is a plus.
- Experience with Statistical/ML techniques is a plus.
- Experience with building solutions in the retail or in the supply chain space is a plus
- Understanding of metadata management, data lineage, and data glossaries is a plus.
- Working knowledge of agile development, including DevOps and DataOps concepts.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (such as PowerBI).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior level management.
- Proven track record of leading, mentoring, hiring and scaling data teams.
- Strong change manager. Comfortable with change, especially that which arises through company growth. Able to lead a team effectively through times of change.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and technical requirements.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Positive and flexible attitude to enable adjusting to different needs in an ever-changing environment.
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; comfortable managing trade-offs.
- Foster a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management.
- Proactively drives impact and engagement while bringing others along.
- Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals.
- Ability to lead others without direct authority in a matrixed environment.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1