The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is establishing an elite engineering team to bridge their fundamental research advancements to real-world impact. The “Advanced Prototyping Team” (APT) will work with the lab’s MIT-IBM leadership to select promising works from current project portfolio, map potential use-cases and engage stakeholders, develop compelling prototypes, and run real-world pilots and scalable machine learning systems.
They are seeking an experienced software engineer to build and lead this team.
About The Position
The leader of the APT will work with lab leadership to hire a diverse team of 5 -10 people, balancing skills including full-stack development, data science and visualization, design, UX, and A/B testing. The APT will also draw on contributions from student interns and researchers, and from collaborators at member companies and strategic partners. The objective is to build MVP’s that impress and inspire, so as to be converted into full-fledged products for IBM and member companies.
About The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab
The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is a 10-year, $240 million joint-research commitment to the responsible advancement of artificial intelligence. The Lab is part of IBM Research, home to creative scientific minds since 1945. Founded in 2017, the MIT-IBM AI Lab currently conducts scientific AI research across 4 pillars – AI algorithms, physics of AI, industry applications, and shared prosperity – with many projects hitting multiple pillars. They fund researchers through an annual Request for Proposals and provide internship opportunities for PhD students to work on MIT-IBM projects. They are co-located at MIT and IBM Research Cambridge. They are a founding member of the MIT Quest for Intelligence, through which they provide undergraduate research opportunities for academic credit. They provide co-working space, sponsor, and organize community events for intellectual collisions and collaboration, and partner with member companies who bring funding, data, or domain expertise. They convene stakeholders and leaders within and across key sectors. They publish at the world’s leading conferences and make much of their work open-source.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven background in building and leading software engineering teams
- Experience with standard machine learning techniques and frameworks
- Expertise with full-stack web application development, scalable cloud services, and developing/integrating machine learning in applications and solutions
- Understanding of industry landscapes for Cloud and AI/ML ecosystems
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in the organization
- Experience and ability to deliver solutions in a time-constraint environment
- Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
- Experience iterating through feedback loops and driving sprints in the agile methodology (or another methodology of choice)
- Strong network of talented people (pipeline to hire or collaborate with others)
Preferred Tech And Prof Experience
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, or related technical fields
- Experience in developing and leveraging AI techniques, such as machine learning, NLP, knowledge induction, machine reasoning, etc.
- Experience analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources
Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
- Expertise and experience in DevOps
- Contributions in developer ecosystem/communities
- Entrepreneurial experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1