At GlaxoSmithKline, they have created a world-leading data and computational environment to enable large scale scientific experiments that exploit GSK’s unique access to data. Their focus is on bringing data, analytics & science together into solutions for their scientists to develop medicines for patients. An important component of this effort is building a large-scale knowledge base where multimodal information from various structured and unstructured sources can be jointly explored and leveraged.
They are seeking to grow their team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. They are looking for machine learning and natural language processing experts who are excited by challenges in automated knowledge base construction, including information extraction, entity resolution, graph-based embedding/prediction, and search. This role will involve leveraging state-of-the-art models for these tasks, as well as developing new methods to derive actionable data for scientists. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious, and bold, to solve novel R&D problems and have the potential to directly impact the lives of patients living with the disease. They have impressive toolkits and world-class data, and they are now looking for talented people to join them.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, they’d like you to be able to:
- Partner with their NLP team and various data/computing platform teams to construct a knowledge graph of biological, chemical, and medical concepts, representing scientific literature and internal/external experimental findings
- Implement cutting-edge algorithms for inferring likely connections in the knowledge graph for downstream experimental validation
- Design and implement a framework for evaluating the quality and downstream impact of different algorithms for inferring new relationships in the biomedical knowledge graph
- Devise systems for leveraging knowledge graph information within biomedical machine learning problems
- Masters Degree or Ph.D. focused on knowledge representation or similar practical experience in an industrial or research setting
- Experience using a programming language such as Python, including fundamental software engineering principles and NLP/machine learning design patterns.
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Refereed publications in premiere NLP, ML, and/or bioinformatics venues in one or more areas related to information extraction and/or knowledge representation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with biomedical terminology and ontologies (e.g. UMLS metathesaurus)
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to both teach and learn every day
Their values and expectations are at the heart of everything they do and form an important part of their culture.
As GSK Focuses On Their Values And Expectations And a Culture Of Innovation, Performance, And Trust, The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following Capabilities
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor, and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high-quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills, and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives, and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial, and financial acumen.
If you require accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll-Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside the US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, they adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance with all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1