Apple’s AI/ML team is looking for a Human Factors Researcher to support the development of products and experiences powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML).
This is an active role with a wide range of responsibilities and collaborators. The AI/ML development process spans many disciplines of human study and involves hundreds of technical and creative collaborators across Apple. Quick thinking, comfort with ambiguity, keen attention to the impact of bias, and a creative approach to solving problems are crucial to success.
An ideal candidate is a skilled storyteller fascinated by people. They are technical, with a deep familiarity with ML development, but also heavily rely on intuition and empathy for others. They approach to research with curiosity and an appreciation for the infinite ways the human experience can vary. Readily moving between minute details and big ideas, they advocate for all people at every step in the process, engaging others in productive debate.
Experience generating datasets and developing AI/ML products with technical and creative partners
Proficiency in a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods and subsequent analysis
Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
Some responsibilities include:
• Develop human-centered metrics and analyses to evaluate AI/ML products and experiences
• Plan, conduct, and manage small-to-extremely-large scale research of qualitative and quantitative data
• Analyze and present insights from human research in clear, concise, and compelling forms
• Reveal and minimize bias in the AI/ML development process to reinforce human-centered values
• Advocate for the unique experiences of people throughout design and development
Education & Experience
• BA/BS in Human Factors, Data Science, Ergonomics, Human-Computer Interaction, Machine Learning,
Cognitive / Experimental Psychology, Anthropology or similarly relevant field (Master’s/Ph.D. preferred)
• Or 3+ years of industry experience in related fields
Position locations: Seattle, WA or Cupertino, CA
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1