Liberty Mutual’s newly formed Global Risk Solutions (GRS) organization is seeking an experienced professional within GRS Predictive Analytics that can drive the development and implementation of predictive analytics solutions across various businesses in an $11B NWP (net written premium) portfolio. In this role, you will have opportunities to work side by side with data scientists and interacting heavily with underwriting, regional actuaries and IT to tackle challenging initiatives aimed at improving pricing sophistication or efficient growth to enable the profitable growth in medium-large commercial insurance and specialty space.
About GRS Predictive Analytics
- What do they do: Extract knowledge or insights from data and deliver it in a manner which supports the underwriting decision process
- How do they do it: Leverage data science and actuarial techniques plus business expertise to develop predictive models
- Why do they do it: Arm their underwriters with best-in-class tools to gain competitive advantage
This position requires candidates with experience in data preparation and analysis, statistical methods and tools, and extensive knowledge of insurance products. Strong in technical skills and project management. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate’s overall experience and skill level
- Utilizes advanced analytics techniques to solve business problems. May regularly utilize, update and adopt predictive modeling tools and/or focus on the application of the tools
- Work extensively with key stakeholders across GRS to understand business needs, vet opportunities, and deliver analytically-based solutions and tools to drive business results
- Develop & deliver presentations to communicate technical ideas and analytical finding to non-technical partners and stakeholders, including underwriters and IT technicians
- Manages low to moderately complex projects, while providing technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business.
- Drive projects execution and implement a robust plan for measuring success
- May lead discussions with senior leadership at the department or functional level
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate’s overall experience and skill level.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum 4+ years of related experience required, including some exposure to modeling or advanced analytics, or Masters degree with 2-3+ years of relevant experience, or Ph.D., with 0-1 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced education is preferred but not required
- Prior knowledge of property/casualty insurance industry required
- Understanding of advanced techniques in statistics and predictive analytics. Strong analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Advanced proficiency in statistical software packages (SAS, R), and Excel (VBA, macros, scripts, formulas, data visualization, etc.), and PowerPoint
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
They value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s their privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about their benefits offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1