Are you looking for a position where you can work in a team at the cutting edge of insurance pricing research? Where you can work with billions of miles of telematics data to aid in the development and implementation of new products? Their Global Retail Markets Product Design and Modeling department are seeking a talented data scientist to develop pricing models for their UBI products: from understanding the data captured to pricing and implementing new products. This position will be a great fit for someone who is passionate about developing and deploying pricing models in a constantly evolving market space!
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working effectively with highly talented professionals to develop creative solutions to complex problems, be comfortable with data and modeling, and have an appreciation of what makes sense from a business standpoint. Solid communication and interpersonal skills are critical to the role, and the individual they hire will work very closely with their team, internal partners and external vendors as we work to test and implement new ideas. This is a visible position in a quickly growing area, where you will have a key role in the pricing and deployment of UBI programs worldwide
- Build pricing models for Liberty Mutual’s UBI programs
- Explore and utilize advanced modeling techniques to inform pricing
- Partner with internal and external teams to develop UBI product design
- Work with massive amounts of data to build sophisticated models
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to help implement new pricing programs, including developing supporting material and responding to regulatory correspondence.
- Bachelors w/ 4+ years, Masters w/ 2+ years, or Ph. D with 0-1 years of relevant experience
- Strong programming skills, especially Python, R, and SQL.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or actuarial credentials preferred.
- Experience with predictive modeling and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Emblem, Python/R) highly desired.
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including Financial, Underwriting, Legal, Statistics, Claims, Sales departments.
- High-level knowledge of data sources, tools, and the business (lines, systems, pricing plans)
- Strong MS Office Excel and SAS skills preferred
- Ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
They value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s their privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about their benefits offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, they give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help them redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. They create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
They’re dedicated to doing the right thing for their employees because they know that their fulfillment and success leads them to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1