CVS is a Fortune 7 company embarking on a journey of evolving its existing ExtraCare program into a world-class personalization and loyalty program. This is a top initiative within the company and we have a team dedicated to recruiting the best talent in the world to help propel us to this goal. The company has already invested in state-of-the-art technology and scaling of our loyalty program, now we are focused on optimizing our customer contact strategy. We are looking for the best and brightest to in our existing Analytics team and help deliver on this initiative.
CVS Health is seeking a Data Engineer – Analytics to further enhance Enterprise Analytics support of the Loyalty and Personalization organization. The Data Engineer will work in an agile team responsible for bringing the CVS Health’s front store Personalization efforts to life. The ideal candidate should be process oriented, with a solid foundation in cloud architecture, having the ability to both provide technical expertise as well as work cross-functionally in support of the business, analytics and the IT organization.
This position is based out of our Woonsocket, RI office and will report to the Director Loyalty Execution and Performance Diagnostics within the Enterprise Analytics organization.
- Provision Production / Operations environments for model deployment, management, execution, and optimization.
- Develop and release data science pipelines into a production environment using Apache Spark and Databricks. Own and enable the integration of machine learning pipelines and refinement of processes and tools with existing CICD framework / processes for Personalization Engine environment.
- Define & implement folder structure in the Data Lake for model management and SQL DB for rules repositories.
- Validate integrations with upstream data sources in supporting Data Lake.
- Validate provisioning controls and enforce provisioning quotas and generation of alerts
- Support Data Science by operationalizing production environment for deployment of models, code, and supporting data pipelines.
- Work with data scientists to understand and validate research objectives to optimize data science
- Optimize code developed by to deploy CVS machine learning applications as a Spark application in large scale distributed environment
- Ensure end-to-end process integration and validate system output. Establish and support infrastructure for unit testing
- Work with Data and BI Analysts to support the construction of operational dashboards and simulation interface
- Update design documentation for the Personalization Engine as needed
- 5+ years proven business experience and technical expertise in data infrastructure roles, supporting cloud infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, optimization, and productionalization with examples of increased responsibility and evolving technologies.
- 1+ years implementing a data science orchestration layer.
- 2+ years of experience working with machine learning algorithms, building data science platforms leveraging Apache Spark using Scala
- 2+ years of experience optimizing data science algorithms for deployment into a production / operational environment to optimize costs and resource usage
- 2+ years of experience deploying machine learning and data science pipelines into production using model management solutions and leveraging CICD solutions (e.g., Jenkins) for automation
- 2+ years of experience configuring cloud platforms and configuring elastic compute environments in a cloud platform
- Familiarity with and understanding of modern machine learning approaches, algorithms, libraries, and processes for feature selection / engineering
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying those applications using solutions like Kubernetes
- Experience working in a matrix organization (e.g., Data Sciences, IT, Marketing, etc…) to define and implement an automated Personalization Engine. Strong experience in roles requiring analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- A history of developing usable system and architecture documentation.
- MCSA – Cloud Platform, MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, or MCSD – Azure Solutions Architect
- 5+ years of experience with implementing a fully productionalized Data Science solution in Azure.
- 5+ years of experience implementing and supporting CRM, ESP, marketing cloud, or other Deep Understanding of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence infrastructure and accompanying best practices.
- 3+ years of experience developing applications in Python and Scala
- 1+ years of exposure to Databricks
- Personalization technology experience (e.g., Teradata, IBM Unica, Adobe, Dunnhumby, Oracle, Datalogix)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner
- Experience with loyalty programs and Retail
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., information systems, computer science, engineering)
- Technical Master’s degree preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1