Scope: The Executive Advisor, Retail Pharmacy Personalization Data Engineering will lead a team of advanced data engineers to design, build, test, productionalize and support components of the Pharmacy Personalization engine. This role includes the data, feature, machine learning model, and business rule components of the analytics pipeline, the orchestration and productionalization of that pipeline, the structured experimentation in support of iterative testing and learning, and maintenance and enhancements of that pipeline over time to support an expanding set of Pharmacy personalization use cases. All of this is critical to driving pharmacy growth, and improving CVS patient adherence. This leader will collaborate with Data Scientists, Pharmacy business partners, and IT colleagues to accomplish the execution of the data and analytic roadmap for Pharmacy Personalization.
Position Summary: CVS is embarking on a multiyear journey to redefine the retail pharmacy experience for patients, in order to deliver a 1:1 personalized patient experience. To support this effort, a cross-functional Personalization Lab is being formed within the Pharmacy Growth and Innovation group. This Lab will be tasked with rapidly building, testing, and scaling high-priority use cases that drive incremental scripts and move the retail pharmacy business closer to the goal of a 1:1 personalized patient experience. These use cases require significant advances in the analytical models, supporting data structures, and data features leveraged to deliver patient interventions. As the Lead Data Engineer for the Pharmacy Personalization Lab, this leader will deploy teams to build the foundational analytics platform components required to support the long-term Personalization vision.
This leader will work closely with the Director, Data Strategy & Analytics, the Senior Director and the Vice President of Retail Pharmacy Personalization to design, build, productionalize and maintain the Personalization analytics pipeline, including data, features, models and business rule components required to execute the use cases. This leader will also work closely with the other Pharmacy and Information Technology colleagues to define the data and analytics roadmaps required to support the Personalization effort, and integrate those efforts together. They will also work closely with a variety of other data engineering experts from across the enterprise (e.g. Front Store, PBM) to leverage past learnings and share best practices.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Lead coding and architecting of end-to-end applications on modern data processing technology stack (e.g. Hadoop, Cloud, Spark ecosystem technologies)
- Drive collaborative reviews of design, code, data, features implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards
- Build continuous integration/continuous delivery, test-driven development, and production deployment frameworks
- Troubleshoot complex data, features, personalization patient offer build rules issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product and operational issues (i.e., primary language python, L2-3 production support)
- Productionalize the full pipeline including distributed Machine Learning models (e.g., training/test pipeline, offer eligibility, data layer, feature layer, etc.)
- Connect business context and perspective to define model objective functions, features, business rules, prioritization, measurement, etc.
- Lead conversations with infrastructure teams (on-prem & cloud) on analytics application requirements (e.g., configuration, access, tools, services, compute capacity, etc.)
Identify the skills and experience needed for Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, and adjacent roles, and work with Personalization Lab leadership to make required hiring decisions as the Lab evolves over time.
- 3+ years leading data engineers and/or analytics-focused teams to deliver complex analytics projects on aggressive timelines
- 5+ years of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Spark experience building and running products and applications at scale, in production, in mission critical situations
- Full-time, 100% dedicated to Personalization Lab, ideally co-located with Lab in Customer Support Center.
- Platforms: Azure Cloud, DataBricks, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Oracle, TD
- Languages: PySpark, Python, Hive, Shell Scripting, SQL, Pig, Java / Scala
- Proficient in Map-Reduce, Spark, Airflow / Oozie / Jenkins, Hbase, Pig, No-SQL, Chef / Puppet, Git
- Familiarity with building data pipelines, data modeling, architecture & governance concepts
- Experience implementing ML models and building highly scalable and high availability systems
- Experience operating in distributed environments including cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS etc.)
- Experience building, launching and maintaining complex analytics pipelines in production
- Experience working via an agile, sprint-based working style
- Experience working side-by-side with business owners, and translating business needs into analytics solutions
- Proven ability to successfully balance near-term results (e.g., ability to design and execute on a ‘MVP’ model), with long-term goals
- Comfortable balancing quality of output with short timelines required to enable downstream functions
- Bachelor’s degree in a field linked to data engineering, business analytics, applied mathematics, computer science, IT, computer applications, engineering or related field is required
- Advanced degree required in a field linked to business analytics, statistics, operations research, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related fields
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1