As the Senior Director of Machine Learning/Predictive Modeling, you will be tasked with leading a team of ~10 analytics and data professionals in designing, developing, and delivering next generation predictive modeling, forecasting, and optimization solutions that support PBM and Specialty analytics teams and business partners. In this role you will support ongoing initiatives and be responsible for identifying new opportunities for application of advanced analytic techniques to drive significant business value. In collaboration with other analytic partners, the sr. director will be working with senior business leaders across PBM and Specialty to identify opportunities to leverage advanced modeling and machine learning techniques to solve complex business problems. The sr. director will plan and oversee development, implementation and deployment of the overall analytic solutions, ensuring that deliverables align with current and future business strategies and are successfully integrated into existing business processes.
Examples of the types of applications include creating solutions for complex optimization problems in the financial and operational areas, developing solutions for outlier/issue detection, and developing complex forecasting solutions. Other applications include identifying populations at greatest risk or with the greatest opportunity to benefit from a service, and advanced forecasting and business simulation tools that help identify and manage complex interrelationships across CVS Health business areas. Deliverables relying on advanced analytic techniques will be developed and deployed both as enhancements to existing model-driven solutions as well as in areas where current solutions rely on manual or business rules driven systems.
In This Role, You Will
- Collaborate with key internal and external partners in order to develop and deploy a predictive modeling functionality.
- Enable data-driven strategic decision-making, and find opportunities for product and service improvement and new product and service development.
- Create and deliver tailored analytic solutions and lead complex projects related to a wide variety of business needs.
- 10+ years of experience in constructing, validating, and executing predictive modeling solutions.
- Executive level consulting experience in translating business problems across disciplines into advanced analytic projects with measurable business value combined with ability and experience to work closely with the individual contributors to efficiently translate plans into reality.
- Demonstrated experience leading internal or external funding efforts for projects based on business value and ROI.
- Analytics experience within the retail and/or healthcare industries, with experience deploying capabilities across a wide range of business disciplines and creating solutions to a variety of problems.
- Proven experience working across multiple business areas such as operations, finance, sales, product, and strategy.
- Experience with theoretical modeling approaches and matching analytic modeling approaches to a wide range of business applications.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience with a variety of analytic processes and techniques, including health economics outcomes research, measurement methodologies development, hypothesis testing, statistical significance testing, modeling and machine learning.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience working with large data sources, particularly administrative claims and clinical program data, focusing on efficient data extraction from large databases, data manipulation, and setting up optimized summary data layers.
- Advanced skills and training in machine learning data mining and other quantitative research analytics such as: Non-Linear Regression Analysis, Multivariate Analysis, Bayesian Methods, Generalized Linear Models, Decision Trees and Random Forest, Non Parametric estimations, Neural Networks, Ensemble Models, etc.
- Strong background in statistical languages technologies (e.g. R, SAS) and deep experience in Hadoop technology and open source languages (Python, Spark)
- Experience with computer development languages (Java, C++).
- Proven team leadership and management experience, with ability to recruit, engage and develop staff with advanced degrees and diverse backgrounds and in different geographic locations, ability to allocate resources based on priority and skill level, strengths, and area of expertise; ability to train and mentor junior colleagues.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with non-analytic business partners, including executive leadership, in order to elicit business needs and formulate, propose and refine analytic solutions in order to meet the business needs and to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements and business value.
- Excellent written and oral communication and data presentation skills, with ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience, from the analytic professional to the senior business leaders.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to lead and engage in multiple projects and initiatives and appropriately prioritize her/his own time as well as that of the direct reports.
- Management consulting experience a plus
- Deep understanding of the healthcare administration landscape and CVS Health business model, including patient and payer concerns, as well as the operational considerations in support of the business objectives.
PhD in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or directly related field.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1