CVS is a Fortune 7 company embarking on a journey of evolving its existing ExtraCare program into a world-class personalization and loyalty program. This is a top initiative within the company and we have a team dedicated to recruiting the best talent in the world to help propel us to this goal. The company has already invested in state-of-the-art technology and scaling of our loyalty program, now we are focused on optimizing our customer contact strategy. We are looking for the best and brightest to in our existing Analytics team and help deliver on this initiative.
CVS Health is seeking a Senior Data Engineering – Analytics to further enhance Enterprise Analytics support of the Loyalty and Personalization organization. The Senior Data Engineering will be a hands-on role which will lead the agile team responsible for bringing CVS Health’s front store Personalization efforts to life. The ideal candidate should be a dynamic manager who is capable of being hands-on with the data, and has ideally stood up a Personalization Engine (PE) in the past. Candidate should possess a solid foundation in cloud architecture, and are ready to review and enhance the CICD framework. You will lead a cross functional team in technical expertise as well as work cross-functionally in support of the business, analytics and the IT organization.
This position is based out of our Woonsocket, RI office and will report to the Director, Loyalty Execution & Performance Diagnostics within the Enterprise Analytics organization.
- Will lead agile and cross-functional team in developing operational business capabilities for Personalization initiative.
- Manage the development and release of new machine learning applications / pipelines developed by CVS data scientists into a production environment
- Maintain and monitor of existing machine learning applications and pipelines
- Design and direct discreet work streams for junior engineers and developers
- Work with stakeholders to ensure implementation of key business capabilities in personalization engine.
- Take hands-on role, owning and enabling the integration and refinement of processes and tools with existing CICD framework / processes for PE environment.
- Define standard operations and processes for Data Scientist workflow, including standards for interacting with the Personalization Engine environment, naming conventions for Data Science pipeline (workbooks, folders, other files, etc)
- Development of playbooks for data engineering for re-use and scale.
- Own the PE business process and output, ensuring integration within existing CVS data ecosystem.
- Clearly explain to technical and non-technical people the intricacies of the PE architecture, functionality, and capabilities.
- Responsible for providing line of sight to system functionality and gaps where capabilities need to be expanded.
- 5+ years managing enterprise engineering personnel and initiatives
- MCSA – Cloud Platform
- Demonstrate successfully planning and implementation of highly visible corporate infrastructure initiatives, and providing regular updates to upper management.
- 3+ years of partnering across multiple groups in a matrix organization (e.g., Data Sciences, IT, Marketing, etc…) to define and implement an automated Personalization Engine.
- 10+ years proven business experience and technical expertise in data infrastructure roles, with at least 3+ years supporting cloud infrastructure.
- 3+ years supporting Data Science initiatives working with Semi-structured data, SQL, RDBMS, Hadoop and environments on the cloud (e.g., Azure or AWS) as a technical lead.
- 3+ years implementing a data science orchestration layer.
- 3+ years of experience working with machine learning algorithms, building data science platforms leveraging Apache Spark
- 3+ years of experience optimizing data science algorithms for deployment into a production / operational environment to optimize costs and resource usage
- 3+ years of experience deploying machine learning and data science pipelines into production using model management solutions and leveraging CICD solutions (e.g., Jenkins) for automation
- 3+ years of experience configuring cloud platforms and configuring elastic compute environments in a cloud platform
- Familiarity with and understanding of modern machine learning approaches, algorithms, libraries, and processes for feature selection / engineering
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying those applications using solutions like Kubernetes
- Experience with Azure Databricks
- 5+ years of experience with implementing a fully productionalized Data Science solution in Azure.
- MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MCSD – Azure Solutions Architect
- 1+ years of experience implementing Databricks
- Databricks – Apache Spark Certified Developer
- 3+ years of programming experience in Spark/R /Scala and Python
- Deep Understanding of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence infrastructure and accompanying best practices.
- 5+ years of experience implementing and supporting CRM, ESP, marketing cloud, or other personalization technology experience (e.g., Teradata, IBM Unica, Adobe, Dunnhumby, Oracle, Datalogix)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner
- Experience with loyalty programs and Retail
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., information systems, computer science, engineering)
- Technical Master’s degree, or Engineering Management degree preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Furthermore, We Comply With The Laws And Regulations Set Forth In The Following EEO Is The Law Poster
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1