AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance, and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Their integrated suite of products is built on their innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables their customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About The CISCO Organization
AppDynamics has developed a comprehensive security program and organization that is supported by leaders who are committed to proactively managing cybersecurity risk. By focusing on a secure-by-design approach, AppDynamics seeks to weave security into its development practices early and layer security across architecture to protect its corporate services, supply chain, software distribution, and customer-facing services. The CISO is responsible for the management of information security throughout the company including corporate security, product security, and the security of AppDynamics’ SaaS-based customer environments. The Security Program is focused on managing risk as a continuous cycle through four key functions Security Assurance, Security Engineering, Security Defense Center and Security Business Operations. Each of the functions relies on one another and the broader organization to manage and build effective security controls, quickly detect and respond to incidents, and constantly test themselves to maintain a healthy operating risk posture for their customers, company, and stakeholders.
First and foremost, you are an energetic self-starter who shows personal initiative and genuine curiosity and interest to solve big problems. In addition, you have
- Interest and background in data engineering (acquiring, ingesting, normalizing and staging) data for business consumption
- A desire to be hands-on with exploring various data sources for what is “under the hood.”
- Great ability and mind for structuring and modeling data to support KPI/OKR requirements
- Databases, you love ‘em! DB administration (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.), data Warehouse development, working with unstructured data and data modeling will be necessary for this role
- You will be happy analyzing and working with large data sets, defining data taxonomy, tagging strategies in cloud environments
- You have skills to automate data flow leveraging SQL, Python, R, SAS, etc.
- Undertaking a B.A./B.S./M.A. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Security
About The Role
Security Business Operations leads strategic business initiatives for the CISO organization in addition to be the single source of truth for measuring and reporting on security posture and overall security health for the company. They provide insights through data to inform front line security defense and engineering teams that drive mitigation and remediation activities. They also provide executive-level reporting and insights to AppDynamics and Cisco leaders to inform key investment decisions to ensure they are continuously improving the product and operations security posture in the right areas. The successful candidate will be curious as to what, how, and why things are happening in the environment. He/She will be part of the Security Business Operations team working with the Sr. Data Engineer and Risk Mgmt. teams daily.
Here is a sampling of projects or tasks for this internship position
- The initial buildout of a data repository in AWS with data persistence, integrity, and scalability as key requirements
- Working with Security data engineer to development end to end automated data flow from key identified sources.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations to streamline end to end data platform solution
- Other tasks as assigned by Sr. Data Engineer
They know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- The mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike-share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1