Yelp has hundreds of millions of pieces of user-contributed content, millions of users and business listings, and hundreds of thousands of advertising customers – and all of these numbers are constantly growing. Making sense of this data, deducing relationships between variables, and figuring out different interactions is hard work, but these insights are hugely impactful to Yelp’s business. Applied data scientists uncover these insights through exploratory research and analysis, and carry the ideas all the way through to production-grade statistical or predictive models. They work in areas including pricing models and auction bidding strategies, learning to rank applications, personalized recommender systems, and causal inference.
This position is hiring into their Customer & Sales Intelligence team in London, which focuses on optimizing business-facing areas such as customer acquisition and retention, lifetime value estimation, and dynamic pricing.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by their values: they’re a cooperative team that encourages individual authenticity and “unboring” solutions to problems. They enable all new team members to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, they’re all about helping their users, growing as engineers and scientists, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do
- Conduct end-to-end analyses, from wrangling data via SQL/Spark/Python, to statistical modeling, to hypothesizing and presenting business ideas
- Work with large, complex datasets
- Lead the development of predictive and causal models
- Productionize and automate model pipelines within Python services
What They Are Looking For
- Experience with data analysis/statistical software and packages (pandas/statsmodels/sklearn within Python, R, etc.)
- A degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Math, etc.
- Experience with predictive modeling/machine learning, forecasting, or causal inference
- A love for writing beautiful code; you don’t need to be an expert, but experience is a plus and they’ll expect you to learn on the job
- Demonstrated capability for original research, the curiosity to uncover promising solutions to new problems, and the persistence to carry your ideas through to an end goal
- Motivation to develop deep product and business knowledge and to connect abstract modeling and analysis tasks with business value
- Comfort in using a Unix environment
What They Offer
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Thursdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Yelp values diversity. They’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage or Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1