Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Natural Language Understanding (NLU) solutions. Their mission is to push the envelope in NLU and Entity Resolution (ER) technologies to provide the best possible experience for their customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Show, Echo Look, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
As a Scientist on their team, you will collaborate with other scientists and software engineers to research and develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in NLU and ER. Your work will directly impact their customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in natural language understanding.
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment of data-driven machine-learned (ML) models targeting NLU and ER applications.
- Develop and apply statistical modeling techniques (e.g. Bayesian models and deep neural networks), optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications in business and engineering.
- Routinely build and deploy ML models on available data.
- Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business. Mentor junior engineers and scientists.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, search science, or machine learning.
- 2+ years of experience with various machine learning techniques.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python.
- Experience in building NLU and/or ER systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
- Knowledge in machine learning techniques in entity resolution or text search domain.
- Solid Machine Learning background and prior work experience with ML is a plus.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Solid software development experience.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive .
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast pace environment.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Company – Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Job ID: A858934
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1