The mission of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) group is to foster R&D collaborations across the product groups at Stanley Black & Decker. This group helps to solve the organization’s most difficult challenges based on leading AI and machine learning technologies. We work with business partners in order to identify specific business problems to which artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques can be applied. The group is also chartered with exploring the boundaries of big data analytics both in existing business units as well as emerging opportunities including areas in robotics, natural language processing, computer vision, predictive analytics, and deep learning.
We are looking for an experienced technical contributor to lead at the forefront of cutting edge artificial intelligence applications. You will build prototypes and explore conceptually new solutions in a fast-paced environment. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for Stanley Black & Decker and work with variety of its business units (including manufacturing, security services, industrial equipment and asset management, as well as other units) to apply artificial intelligence techniques to our most difficult problems.
- Utilize Artificial Intelligence(AI) and big data analysis methods to work within cross-functional teams to engage the internal clients and broader customer base, comprehend the internal client’s problems, develop strategic analytical products, support requirements analysis, inform the creation of strategic plans for business transformation, including understanding clients’ most complex business challenges, architecting a solution that delivers a measurable outcome, testing the solution, and implementing the transformation.
- Apply extensive domain expertise and business acumen to develop multiple insights and theories for complex problems in the Industrial, Manufacturing and Security spaces that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and deep understanding of existing methods and solutions.
- Extract qualitative and quantitative relationships, including patterns and trends from a wide variety of data.
- Use technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate Big Data sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights that can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing mission problem.
- Analyze and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations and leverage foundational comprehension of mathematical and statistical concepts, algorithm development, feature engineering, model selection, training testing and validation of different models, pipeline generation, and domain expertise to bridge the gap between decision makers and technical experts, ensuring data or modeling solutions meet business requirements.
- Contribute to the development of strategies for deploying AI techniques into existing business, development of road map and requirements analysis considering both AI and business potential analysis.
- Develop new concepts and experiments for variety of these ideas, translate these ideas into executable action plans, and communicate these plans to a diverse client base. Basic
- MS or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, data science, statistics or related field
- 5+ years of experience with data analysis in high performance computing, machine learning, big data analysis or related areas, deep understanding of machine learning, cloud services
- Deep expertise in neural networks, convolutional neural networks, random forests, classifiers, feature representations, AI / Artificial Intelligence and/or related techniques.
- Confident in development of quantitative models for Industrial systems (reliability data, sensor data) supply chain big data analysis, revenue forecasting, or similar problems using machine learning.
- Experience in modern deep learning approaches and natural language processing. Advanced proficiency with at least one statistical computing language for data analysis, such as R or Python
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients or other quantitative analysts and programmers using expertise in hardware or software technologies.
- An understanding of industry and technology trends in said area of application (security, manufacturing, supply chain).
- Experience with providing project management support for large data analytics and data quality management projects, including providing planning, scheduling, and deployment support.
- Experience with working in a Big Data environment and addressing data operations and quality issues therein.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, data mining, data warehouses, decision support tools, and programming languages, including SQL, SAP and etc.
- Ability to accommodate some travel, if necessary.
US – SSS – CSS
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1