Assistant/Associate Professor in Data Visualization and Data-Driven Storytelling at Louisiana State University Shreveport.
The Department of Arts and Media at LSUS invites applications for a 9-month, full-time Assistant or Associate Professor in Data Visualization and Data-Driven Storytelling. Based on needs and expertise, the successful candidate will develop and teach courses in one or more of the following concentration areas in mass communication: public relations, journalism, and electronic media. Candidates should be proficient in data analysis and have the ability to use data visualization tools for translating complex information and/or large data sets. Other responsibilities will include research, service to the campus and community, and advising students. All full-time faculty teach 12 credit hours per semester. The appointment begins fall 2020 and is a tenure-track position.
1. Ph.D. in Communications-related field in hand by August 1, 2020. Teaching experience is a plus;
2. Relative experience in Information Sciences, Data Analytics, Informatics, Information Design, Interactive Media, Visualization, Interdisciplinary Humanities, Digital Humanities, Sociology or related area is preferred;
3. The ability to teach undergraduate-level courses in both face-to-face and online settings.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Application Procedures: Applicants should apply through email submission. Digital application packets are preferred and should be emailed (with “Data Visualization Application” as the subject line) to Victoria Hrody, Arts and Media Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should be prepared to upload:
1. A cover letter addressing research and teaching qualifications as well as interests including links to relevant portfolios or projects;
2. Curriculum Vitae;
3. Names and contact information of three (3) current professional references able to provide a letter addressing qualifications relative to this position (submit under References during the application process). References will not be contacted without first informing the candidate;
4. A list of subject areas with teaching experience or qualifications.
Review of applications will begin January 17, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Louisiana State University in Shreveport is the public senior university serving the Shreveport/Bossier Metropolitan area and the Ark-La-Tex. At all levels of instruction, LSUS maintains high academic standards and emphasizes personal interaction between students and qualified, experienced faculty.
LSUS is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1