Location: Boston, MA
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
- Collaborate with business partners to develop predictive analytic solutions that enable data-driven strategic decision-making.
- Utilize data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to predict the likelihood of future business outcomes and to optimize business solutions.
- Research and develop predictive analytic solutions. Leverage knowledge to design solutions for business needs.
- Mine large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to inform business decisions.
- Identify and test hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, and build predictive models for business application.
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Enable the business to make clear trade-offs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Customize analytic solutions to specific client needs. Responsible for components of projects of moderate-to-high complexity.
- Guide aspects of project design as a technical consultant for the team.
- Regularly engage with the data science community and participate in cross-functional working groups.
Position requires a Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field, and two (2) years of experience in the job offered, as a or a related occupation. Candidate must have demonstrable experience with each of the following: predictive analytic techniques and statistical diagnoses of models including multicolinearity detection, overfitting assessment, ANOVA, and residual analysis; logistic regression, spatial analysis and modeling; stochastic process, time series forecast modeling, and machine learning; processing, manipulating, and modeling data including building SQL programs in SAS or Teradata to extract large amounts of data in a production environment and merging and filtering the data pulled through multiple data sources; text mining analysis and modeling through R and Python; modeling package development through SAS, R, and Python; working with US insurance claims including vetting and special investigations of automobile, property, and medical claims; development of predictive fraud prevention models; and deployment of fraud prevention models into production environment with IT developers.
To apply, please visit www.libertymutualgroup.com/careers, select “Search Jobs,” then select “Experienced Hires,” enter job requisition #103183 in the “Job Number” field, and submit resume. Alternatively, you may apply by submitting a resume via e-mail to RecruitLM@LibertyMutual.com. Reference requisition number in subject of e-mail.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- General Business
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1