Location:450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
Employment Type:Full time
Work Location:PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
Do you enjoy solving problems with data? Do you want to make an impact with your work at a mission driven, world class medical center? Do you want to know that your analytics work is viewed organizationally as a strategic differentiator?
The Clinical Operations and Business Analytics Team (COBA) is expanding and looking for problem solvers who want to drive administrative savings back to patient care and research. COBA is a subdivision of the Dana-Farber Informatics and Analytics department led by the Chief Data and Analytics Officer that is responsible for building a world class analytics environment, enabling measurability and transparency of key institute KPIs for improved decision making.
As an Associate Business Intelligence Analyst on the COBA Team, you will work as part of a team, under the supervision of a team member. You will be tasked with development and maintenance of a wide range of reporting and analytic tools to help evolve and scale a wide range of analytics for Dana-Farber’s Cancer Pharmacy Department. The Associate BI Analyst will work on assignments including complex data analysis projects that can be multi-disciplinary or interdepartmental.
In this role you will learn how to translate stakeholder specifications into programming logic, create insight-driving visualizations, and train end users on new reports. You will develop an in-depth understanding of DFCI’s data and data structures. You will also learn how to effectively collaborate with the Data Management team to address data requirements for analytic reporting, as well as other Informatics and Analytics (I&A) teams with expertise in specific data systems and/or analytical methodologies. You will work with a variety of tools (ex: Snowflake, SQL, Excel, Tableau, etc.) to access data, write queries, develop programming logic, run reports, manipulate data, and analyze datasets to meet the needs of the institute. The Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are incorporated into all areas of practice.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers, and dedicated professionals as allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS, and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physicians and researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Job Duties to be performed under supervision of a team member:
- Provide quantitative and qualitative reporting support to various departments, primarily Pharmacy. Reporting areas could be related to sub domains within Pharmacy like operations, Safety, Outpatient, Clinical Services etc.
- Work with internal clients to develop and translate business requirements into project charters, business and technical requirements, wireframe models, and ultimately produce effective and insightful interactive analytics, in collaboration with other COBA team members
- Utilize business intelligence tools to create reports and dashboards
- Deliver custom data analytics solutions for ad hoc requests
- Serve as a technical partner for compiling, cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing data related to assigned projects
- Work in close supervision of your supervisor, and serve as a critical link between Pharmacy and COBA team to draw on existing definitions and governance of metrics and analytics and ensure data is accessible for reporting
- Set and deliver on reasonable expectations for deliverables
- Prepare summaries of important insights
- Diagnose and respond to adhoc/support requests regarding data integrity and functional or interactive issues in existing and future dashboards quickly and effectively
- Identify appropriate sources for data deliverables in collaboration with Data Management groups
- Remain open-minded about data exploration, vet work with the support of team members and ensure accuracy of all reports before delivering end-results
- Escalate issues, concerns, and problems which may hinder achievement of deadlines and or/ accomplishments of responsibilities to the attention of the COBA leadership promptly
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed
Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field required.
0 years’ experience.
- Familiar using SQL to query, manipulate, and organize data from relational databases
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work and communicate with others
- Familiar with business intelligence tools such as Tableau to design and develop reporting analytics and visualizations
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Ability to quickly and comfortably learn new software tools
- Analytical reasoning and problem-solving ability
- Ability to document work and communicate progress to others per recommended guidelines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to function with the support of their manager in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to invest in learning
- Strong sense of balance and ethics, ability to consistently represent the interests and mission of DFCI and act on behalf of its current and future patients.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1