The main responsibility of this role is to organize and make sense of collections of data focused on John Hancock Digital Customer Experience. The role will have the opportunity to evaluate design and review/implement information capturing pertinent to the business. The Data analyst will be developing and promoting dashboard usage and actively collaborate with Product Owners to develop metrics and KPI’s to drive analytics-based insights and continuous process improvements. The Data analytics and Engineering team are looking for an analytical, proactive, strategic thinker to join the team as an Associate Data Analyst. The incumbent is primarily responsible for the extraction, management, and analysis of data used as part of the Digital Customer Experience program to support new feature developments and quantifying the business impact of the feature. The incumbent will also play a key role in promoting data usage and analytics to support future improvements.
- Utilize statistical and analytical techniques to quantify KPI and metrics using systems of data
- Understand complex data system by working closely with engineering and product teams
- Perform data cleaning, integration, validation and analysis using R or Python
- Derive data insights from KPI and metrics, and provide improvement suggestions to product owners in a test-and-learn environment
- Build and manage data feeds and real-time data movement as required
- Develop scalable and maintainable applications to extract, transform, and load data in various formats to SQL Server, Hadoop Data Lake or other data storage locations
- Build real-time monitoring dashboards using various business intelligence tools (eg: Power BI, MicroStrategy, etc)
- Support ad hoc automation, data extraction, and reporting needs as required
Education, Experience & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- 1+ years of data analytics/data engineering experience is preferred
- Strong Mathematical and statistical understanding
- Previous experience in customer experience analytics
- Working knowledge of machine learning and natural language processing
- Advanced knowledge of Python and/or R is required
- Advanced understanding of data structure and data modeling
- Experience with SQL, working knowledge of graph database or other no-SQL databases is preferred
- Quick learner and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and closely with other squad members in an agile environment
- Proactive and inquisitive mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve existing processes and streamline activities
- Superior organizational skills; demonstrated ability to take initiative and establish priorities
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Aptitude to accurately identify problems, assess business impact and suggest alternate courses of actions
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With their global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, they operate as Manulife across their offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. They provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups, and institutions. At the end of 2019, they had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months, they made $30.4 billion in payments to their customers. Their principal operations are in Asia, Canada, and the United States where they have served customers for more than 155 years. They trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. They strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers they serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. They are committed to fair recruitment, retention, and advancement and they administer all of their practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is their priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1