Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; their people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“The Network Data Science & Software team, part of Sky’s Engineering Division, takes a data-driven approach towards meeting network planning goals, including capacity planning, performance planning, and network economics. They develop insights which reinforce planning decisions or support wider commercial objectives” – Strategy & Planning Manager
What You’ll Do
- Explore, evaluate, and capitalize on risks and opportunities related to Internet Service Provider infrastructure technologies.
- Actively participate in the development of engineering roadmaps bringing together network technology evolution, network economics, network performance, and business and customer critical metrics.
- Translate into code (software models) infrastructure designs and capacity management processes using your knowledge in networks and your understanding of business challenges.
- Develop automation scripts to enable systems integration and process improvement.
- Develop software systems and tools using industry-standard frameworks to achieve network analytics and modeling objectives.
- Develop and support the ingestion, processing, and analysis of data (pipelines) for modeling, reporting, visualization, and business intelligence purposes.
What You’ll Bring
- Solid grasp of telecommunication networks. Genuine interest in Broadband (ISP) technology. Keep on top of technology developments in the industry.
- Telecom industry experience (or similar, e.g. academia). BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- Strong programming skills (ideally in Python) and SQL knowledge awareness are a must.
- Strong analytical skills and a consultative, proactive, and join-the-dots approach.
- A Degree in networks, computer science, or similar.
- Knowledge of web frameworks (Django), Cloud environments (Google Cloud and/or Amazon AWS), DevOps (Docker/Kubernetes, CI/CD), and Agile principles
UK Tech: Their team focuses on technology strategy, design, and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, they work on the latest tech whilst building out their web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. They’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative. Together, they’re proud of the products and services they deliver for their customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Their great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where You’ll Work
Brick Lane, East End of London
Recognized as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, they’re working hard to ensure they’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means they don’t just look at your CV. They’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. They also know that everyone has a life outside work, So they’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as they can balance your needs with those of their customers.
And they’ll do everything they can to support you during your application. If you need them to make any adjustments to their recruitment process, speak to their recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1