Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world’s leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot delivers innovative robots that are making a difference in people’s lives. From cleaning floors to disarming explosives, we constantly strive to find better ways to tackle dull, dirty and dangerous missions—with better results.
iRobot is seeking a Associate Software Engineer in Test. This software engineer will create and execute test plans, work closely with product developers to define tests and develop software test automation to enhance regression, continuous integration and smoke test environments.. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products – all, while inventing the future.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties
- Develop and enhance automated tests and frameworks (GUI & CLI).
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite.
- Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Develop test plan and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Prioritize automation and manual efforts.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program.
- Communicate issues to developers through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated), collecting results.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- Lead software test effort for individual products.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in software test and test automation.
- Strong test development skills – Python, LabVIEW, Java, Perl, C/C++, etc.
- Familiarity with software build and delivery process.
- Experience with test automation and frameworks for both GUI and CLI testing.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux — system & network management, troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects.
- Adaptive fast learner – able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient using MS Office productivity packages – Excel and Word.
- Willingness and ability to mentor others.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications: Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment.
- OS: Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
- Mobile platform testing and automation
- Experience with Test Management Systems
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1