Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and further the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world?
Do you believe that building trust is needed for success in the evolving digital landscape?
Are you able to lead discussion with engineers, managers, executives, and product owners to build consensus?
Do you have a passion for data and see the possibilities that come from the insights it provides?
If this describes you, then we would love to tell you more about the Big Data Architect role with Liberty Mutual Insurance Global Retail Market (GRM E|W).
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be responsible for plotting a new holistic data architecture to transform our enterprise data environments into a highly valued business asset supporting the dynamic data science and analytics needs of the future, using appropriate data platforms and technologies. The architect will partner closely with Data Architect peers and Information Management design teams, as well as the business partners. This role will serve as lead architect for NoSQL technology in the GRM strategic initiative called “Data Transformation” defining the architecture for GRM including plotting the strategy (with the business) to simplify data environments, data integration, and build-out of a new, efficient enterprise class data warehouse and lake.
About The Role
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Partner with peer architects, design and engineering Information Management teams
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop our NoSQL architecture.
- Implement business and IT vision through generation of new architecture strategy to span all data platforms (e.g., relational, NoSQL).
- Devise as-is, to-be and interim big data platform architecture to support Liberty Mutual’s data needs and platform / data integration transformation.
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Anticipates and handles technology evolution and relates it to business solutions. Sets direction based on alignment to business and overall technology standards.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around security and compliance.
- Provide tools that enable development teams to rapidly build databases that enable them to deploy software that is consistent with the broader architectural vision.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Promote the company’s technology brand through creative thinking, and constantly raising the bar of what’s possible.
- Mentor associate engineers, architects and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
Who Is An Ideal Fit
- You have ±10 years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and engineering complex, high-quality data technical architectures and detailed designs.
- Five (5) or more years in a Data Architecture role architecting data warehouses and/or data lakes with technology like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- You have depth and hands-on experience devising Architecture standards, deliverables, drawings and frameworks
- You have a track record of crafting massively scalable, always-on, multi-region data systems.
- You are able to show a history of incrementally transitioning legacy data systems support modern, evolutionary architectures.
- You have utilized one or more cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, and can elaborate on the -aaS hierarchy.
- You are fluent in various forms of machine learning and have practical experience of how to deploy into applications.
- You understand the consequences of massively concurrent systems, and how to mitigate potential issues.
- You have demonstrated expertise in a wide variety of database technologies, from Redshift, Oracle, SQLServer and DB2 to NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, Couch, Cloudant, Cassandra, and/or Elasticsearch, and can explain their varied use cases.
- You have experience using various information management technologies such as Teradata, SAS, Microstrategy, Hadoop, Splunk and/or Informatica.
- You have developed strategies for data movement, data obfuscation (data masking), record retention (Deletion and Archival), data infrastructure/security, operational data stores (ODS), enterprise data warehouses, data lakes and the operational reporting.
- You have deep knowledge of how to secure complex data systems and infrastructure against different threat vectors. You have led threat modeling exercises, and helped craft remediation plans.
- You have been a decision maker in build vs buy scenarios, and how to break down the pros and cons both.
- You’ve created systems spanning a variety of modern architectural paradigms, including event based, streaming, and near real time design patterns.
- You have made the leap of guiding application teams to provide insights and actions through machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques.
- Insurance industry experience is a plus.
- Global architecture experience with regulatory & compliance such as GDPR is a huge plus.
- Willing and able to travel internationally to local markets in the East & West regions.
Who We Are
The East and West Regional Architecture and Applications team works closely with partners across the GRM East and West Regions’ business areas — IT (Regional Data Centers, Security and Enterprise Architecture), Finance, Actuarial, HR, Product, Claims — to meet the GRM East and West Region goals.
We value your hard work, integrity and dedication to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1