Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Big Data Architect in their Data Solutions practice. This is a national position that can be located in any well-connected city. Perficient is on a mission to help enterprises take advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, patterns to improve the business operations and better engage customers. Perficient’s Data Solutions practice has won dozens of industry awards for their state-a-the-art and innovative solutions that they provide their customers. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist Perficient and its customers to grow the capabilities necessary to improve care through better use of data and information, and in the process take their career to the next level.
A Senior Solutions Architect is expected to be functionally knowledgeable in multiple Big Data and NoSQL Technology areas and hands-on in either data management or open-source programming. As a leader in their Data Solutions practice, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients’ business needs. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on their clients’ business needs.
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Senior Leadership team and may mentor junior architects and other delivery team members.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of Big Data technology architecture. This includes data management architectures involving batch, micro-batch, and real-time streaming of data in both cloud and on premise solutions
- Provide data architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for data management.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
- Minimum 10-15 years of professional experience with Data Management technologies and a minimum of 5 years of Hadoop, NoSQL, and Open-Source data management technologies.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight.
- At least 5 YearsHadoop/NoSQL project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) – is a MUST.
- Experience with cloud Big Data Solutions from AWS is required.
- Excellent Python and Spark skills.
- At least 5 Years of designing and architecting Big Data Pipelines supporting Data Science Use Cases.
- Solid functional understanding of the Open-Source Big Data Technologies incuding major Hadoop projects, Kafka, NoSQL Databases.
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices.
- Proven track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience leading internal initiatives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Candidates hands on experience with Hadoop technologies.
- Ability to lead data strategy assessments and technically lead implemention projects.
- Certifications on Hadoop technologies is preferred.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1