Their mission at Hotels.com is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. One of their key focuses is to provide “accessible, integrated and customer-centric data & tools for all”.
Data is a first-class citizen at Hotels.com – and they have a lot of it. They produce Terabytes of data every single day and their Data Lake is measured in Petabytes and it’s growing rapidly. Here at Expedia Group, they are “all in” in their AWS Cloud adoption strategy. Working in their Data Operations team you will be a key member of Hotels.com Data organization, responsible for deploying and developing their existing AWS cloud solutions, building and supporting platforms to enable team of analysts and data engineers to migrate from on-premise solution toward their strategy to create a world-class Big Data platform.
- As well as being a passionate advocate of cloud computing, you have solid professional experience of AWS architecture and administration in production environments.
- Expert knowledge of Terraform and automation tooling including Docker, Kube, and other open-source DevOps technologies.
- CI/CD and Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Bamboo/Jenkins and code repositories like Git.
- You have experience building and troubleshooting front and backend services preferably in an online business environment.
- You have a deep understanding of networking and security and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment including AWS networking services such as VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs, and IAM roles.
- You are a capable building and can demonstrate a history of developing, your own solutions to fix complex issues
- Experience with building monitoring tools for availability, usage & performance
- You’ve spent some time with the Big Data application ecosystem running on Spark, Hadoop, EMR.
- You have hands-on experience with containerization (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes).
- You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
- You are confident writing robust Infrastructure as Code and have used tools like Terraform and integrated with other tools such as Vault and Jenkins.
- You have knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques.
- You have some DBA experience (Postgresql, MySQL)
- Experience in Python or Java, SQL, Shell scripting
- You will contribute to the design, build and running of our AWS Data platforms to bring increased flexibility, scalability and efficiency to Hotels.com infrastructure.
- You will be expected to cultivate relationships with developers, analysts, engineers, and other technology partners and stakeholders to understand their needs.
- You will provide mentorship and technical direction to on and off-shore team-members and evangelize best practices and methodologies.
Why join Hotels.com team?
- You’ll get to work with spectacular people across technology, product & business teams.
- You will have access to their dedicated AWS account team with advanced support and access to new AWS technologies and roadmaps.
- You will help live, breathe, craft data solutions on top of a petabyte-scale data lake and the latest big data technologies.
- They believe in leading humbly & create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career.
- They have many best bits of a start-up backed by resources of the world’s biggest travel company
- They love open source and actively participate in the open-source community
- They do hackathons at multiple scales to drive innovation
- They host and speak at meetups
- They want everyone in our teams to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- They get to do all of this in a fun, modern office with great perks, in a desirable part of London
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1