As a Big Data Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and aptitude to Hadoop technologies as they relate to the development of analytics at CVS Health. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of big data analytics, predictive analytics and machine learning initiatives.
You will help lead the plan, build, and run states within the Enterprise Analytics Team and act in a lead role driving user story analysis. By building optimization and stability to the platforms, you will play a key role in the architecture design and data modeling of the platform and analytic applications. You will engage in solving and supporting real business issues with your Hadoop distributed systems and Open Source framework knowledge.
You will perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this data in crafting the solution and maintaining data architecture. You will focus on crafting strategy, researching emerging technology, and applying technology to enable business solutions within the organization.
Other Responsibilities Include
- Crafting and developing software applications, testing, and building automation tools.
- Crafting efficient and robust Hadoop solutions for performance improvement and end-user experiences.
- Working in a Hadoop ecosystem implementation/administration, installing software patches along with system upgrades and configuration.Proficient in Spark/PySpark/R and Python programming.
- Conducting performance tuning of Hadoop clusters while monitoring and handling Hadoop cluster job performance, capacity forecasting,and security.
- Defining compute (Storage & CPU) estimations formula for ELT & Data consumption workloads from reporting tools and ad-hoc users.
- Analyzing Big Data Analytic technologies and applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings, adopting and implementing these insights and standard methodologies
- 8+ years’ experience supporting various enterprise platforms, performance tuning and application performance optimizations including:
- 5+ years working in Linux servers and platform optimization.
- 4+ years experience with architecture and implementation of large and highly complex projects.
- 4+ years of hands on coding experience in Hadoop Ecosystems
- 3+ years of programming experience in Spark/R /Scala and Python
- Healthcare Domain knowledge.
- Understanding of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence advanced analytics. Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-ont:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family.
- Experience in Data Warehouse and BI Analytics.
- Experience with R, Python, Scala, Java/C++, or SQL/RDBM.
-Experience with Ambari, Pyspark, Hortonworks Data Platform, Big Data, Isilon, or Kafka. –
- Experience leading Big Data platform operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1