The SECOPS Engineering and Intelligence (EI) team is part of Verizon Legal reporting up to the Chief Information Security Officer(CISO). The Big Data Software Engineer will help develop new platforms and services for Verizon CIS (Corporate Information Security)as well as enhance and support existing services, using the Hadoop ecosystem, RDBMS, and various other technologies.
- Cleanse and process large raw data sets using the Hadoop ecosystem and RDBMS technologies.
- Design and develop web-based Java platforms and services to process, store, and serve large volumes of data at scale.
- Help with ad-hoc requests from business partners for reports based on data residing in Hadoop or RDBMS.
- Work closely with front end web application and database developers.
- Analyze business requirements for complex projects.
- Develop a proof of concepts of new technologies and evaluate the state of the art in large-scale data processing and distributed computing.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills to explain and document ideas.
This position will require 24/7 on-call readiness as directed by byEI management.
You’ll Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Core Java or in another JVM-based language.
Even Better If You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Experience in Spark, Python, Linux, and RDBMS including one of MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL, or Oracle.
- Knowledge of Scala.
- Knowledge of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience developing in NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, or Accumulo.
- Experience in software development including agile methods, code review, unit/functional/integration testing, continuous integration/deployment.
- Experience with machine learning or probability/statistics.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do they provide the fastest and most reliable network for their customers, but they were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Their connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join their team of the best and brightest. They offer great pay, amazing benefits and the opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together they’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
They’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate their employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes them better.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1