At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems?
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be accountable for developing a comprehensive big data architecture including hybrid cloud computing, data lake, data appliance, data warehouse, data movement, analytical, virtualization, visualization, decision science platform, etc. components
- Provides overall architecture leadership in the delivery engagement with key client stakeholders to drive strategy to implementation.
- Strong understanding of big data approaches, industry standards, and best practices.
- Be accountable for defining and explaining best practices and usage patterns across the various components across the big data ecosystem
- Be accountable for creating an end-to-end solution design and development approach in a big data environment including hardware and software recommendations
- Design, test, and continuously improve the performance of big data solutions based on Hadoop and/or Cloud platforms
- Expertly utilize distributed/parallel processing for information management solution design and development
- Define disaster recovery solution for the big data platforms
- Perform hands-on development, coaching, and leadership through all project phases
- Provide advisory help in selecting products and components as part of a sales solution
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in senior technical relationship and leadership skills
- At least 5 years of experience in big data architecture (e.g.Cloudera and/or Amazon EMR) with hands-on experience in cloud services (IaaS, PaaS) on Azure.
- At least 5 years of experience in the use of open-source databases and data tools such as HDFS/Parquet/Avro, Spark, Hive, Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, PrestoDB, Impala.
- Other database experience such as MarkLogic and Snowflake also a plus
- Experience in data streaming technologies: Kafka, Flume.
Working experience on Agile & Scrum methods including CI/CD and agile software development tools (GitHub, Jenkins, etc.) required
- Experience with Python scripting and/or Scala or Java coding.
- At least 3 years of experience in a consulting environment.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in negotiating and selling consulting projects
- A foundational understanding of Data Science principles and methods
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio, and world-class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join them, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1