As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be accountable for developing a comprehensive bi g data architecture including hybrid cloud computing , data lake, data appliance, data warehouse, data movement, analytical, virtualization, visualization, decision science platform, etc. components
- Provides overall architecture leader ship in the delivery engagement with key client stakeholders to drive strategy to implementation.
- Strong understanding big data approaches, industry standards and best practices.
- Be accountable for defining and explaining best practices and usage patterns across the various components across the big data ecosystem
- Be accountable for creating end-to-end solution design and development approach in a big data environment including hardware and soft ware recommendations
- Design, test, and continuously improve performance of bi g data solutions based on Hadoop and/or Cloud platforms
- Expertly utilize distributed/parallel processing for information management solution design and development
- Define disaster recovery solution for the big data platforms
- Perform hands on development, coaching and leader ship through all project phases
- Provide advisory help in selecting products and components as part of sales solutioning
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in senior technical relationship and leadership skills
- At least 5 years of experience in the Hadoop platform (such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, Map R and/ or A mazon EMR ).
- At least 5 years of experience in big data architecture.
- At least 3 year of experience in the distributed cluster environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in use of open source tools such as: Java technology (Hadoop, HDFS, Scala, Hive, Storm, YARN, etc. – i.e., Hadoop 2.0), Python and/or BASH/CSH scripting.
- At least 3 years of experience in a consulting environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in the following components of the Hadoop ecosystem: Hive, HBase, Spark, Scala, Storm, YARN, Flume, and/or Oozie.
- Experience with one or more of these skills-HDFS, HBase, Spark, Scala, HIVE, PIG, Java/C++, Pyt hon, SQL , Linux or other large scale data technologies and Java Technologies, EAI, SOA, CEP etc.
- Working experience on Agile & Scrum methods
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in working within the Financial Services sector with specific concentration in Insurance, Banking, or Financial Markets preferred
- At least 3 years experience in negotiating and selling consulting projects
- Foundational understanding of Data Science principles and methods
- At least 2 years of experience in hands on ETL script development and batch processing.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1