Location: Boston, MA
Bose is about better sound, but better sound is just the beginning. We’re about inventing new technologies that truly benefit people and creating a culture where innovation and teamwork are highly valued. Working at Bose, you’re encouraged to question conventional thinking in the relentless quest to create products and experiences that change people’s lives. Our culture is as distinctive as our products. Join a company that operates globally, with a culture that embraces new ideas.
We have an exciting Data Wrangler co-op opportunity in our Central Data Organization’s Global Consumer Sales Satellite team. We are looking for a highly motivated co-op who will work across multiple departments, technologies and platforms to deliver actionable insights and value.
If you have a passion for creating a data driven culture and delivering value, please consider a co-op at Bose!
- Analyze business requirements across Bose’s Global Sales division to create certified data sets that will be used to solve business problems
- Perform data profiling, data quality assessments, data sources consolidation, and data aggregation
- Track, measure and document success stories to improve best practices and show ROI
- Support data science and analytics projects/programs by simplifying multiple data sources queries, identifying optimal ways to prepare and navigate datasets, automate data quality checks and timely communicate data source changes
- Execute root cause analysis of existing datasets through source to target data flow, identify the solution to improve the data issues and document the resolution
- Identify bottlenecks and work with stakeholders to improve data flow
Skills, Knowledge And Experiences
- Track record of analyzing and solving business problems with data
- Experience with data discovery, profiling, and cleansing
- Ability to mine and query data across structured and unstructured data sets
- Hands-on data analysis using programing languages (e.g. SQL, Python, etc.)
- Experience with business intelligence/reporting/analytics platforms such as MS Power Bi and Tableau etc.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, excellent communicator, strong analytical/technical orientation
- Proven experience of cross functional activity with strong emphasis on influencing and collaboration
- Preferred: Big data technology familiarity (Hadoop, Spark)
- Position is in Boston Landing office and will require periodic travel to the Framingham office (Shuttle from Boston Landing office to Framingham available)
We’re looking forward to your application.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Public Relations
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1