BI ESG team is looking to hire an ESG Analyst in London, to expand all aspects of the team’s work
In this role, the analyst will help drive an understanding of how ESG and sustainable themes can be used to make better-informed investment decisions through the development of company, industry, and thematic proprietary research. Through research publication, data management, and marketing, the analyst is expected to effectively communicate relevant insights and investment themes, identifying the financial impacts of complex issues. The analyst will be expected to promote BI ESG insights internally and externally.
In this role, the analyst will also have the opportunity to contribute to broader ESG initiatives within Bloomberg and in the markets.
They’ll trust you to: –
Research & Analysis
- Produce outstanding notes and reports concerning ESG issues, themes, and trends affecting companies, industries and financial markets – including the creation of impactful materials with a keen eye for the visual representation of complex and striking data and findings
- Translate research and analysis into investment implications in collaboration with market strategists and industry and company analysts
- Perform analysis and modeling of ESG data such as emission, proxy voting as well as financial metrics in order to identify meaningful signals
- Contribute to the wider ESG product and data development projects within Bloomberg
Internal Stakeholder & Client Engagement:
- Build relationships and work closely with the BI ESG team to innovate and develop a strong franchise
- Foster collaboration with other research analysts, the BI industry teams
- Partner closely with multiple teams across Bloomberg (including Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), Bloomberg Data and Bloomberg Product teams) in the execution of joint research work, and to design and construct ESG analytical tools and frameworks to suit investor requirements and preferences
- Engage with clients to provide views and perspective in the capacity as an ESG specialist
- Travel as required and represent BI ESG team at internal and external events
You’ll need to have:
The successful candidate will possess a passion for critical thinking about both ESG and financial markets, as well as a desire to build an individual research franchise and be part of a fast-growing team.
Previous experience in an analytical research role either in Asset Management, working with Asset managers or owners, or closely related business is essential.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are key. The analyst is expected to individually publish research reports and regularly collaborate to publish research with Bloomberg Intelligence colleagues. The analyst is expected to expertly communicate ESG investment conclusions with Bloomberg terminal clients via phone calls, in-person meetings, and online chat, and will likewise articulate research findings with Bloomberg News and Media and at internal and external events.
The analyst should be a self-starter, driven to publish individually but also in a collaborative and team-oriented manner, with a creative and innovative mindset, pragmatic problem-solving skills, and effective client and stakeholder management.
ESG Expertise and Market Knowledge:
- Solid experience in ESG research, on the buy-side or sell-side, is essential
- Subject matter expert in various ESG themes with the ability to articulate investment relevant insights and research
- Solid understanding of financial markets, investment theories, and asset valuations
- Passion for investing and sustainability
Research and modeling skills:
- Track record of leading analysis and authoring thought leadership related to ESG
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to articulate methods, insights, and recommendations from complex and quantitative analysis in a compelling and influential way, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and decision-making ability, combined with intellectual curiosity and honesty.
- A Degree in Accounting/Finance and experience working with Accounting/Financial Statements preferred or equivalent experience
- Working Knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal would be a plus
- Fluency in a second language would be a plus
- MBA/CFA would be a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think they’re a good match and they’ll let you know the next steps.
In the meantime, check out:
They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1