Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting their businesses and operations around the world. They move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Their team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. They also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by their award-winning pro bono program!
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg’s regulated entities and products, including support for Bloomberg’s non-regulated products and services. They work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. They are currently looking for an experienced person to work with their Global Compliance Practices team.
What’s The Role?
As the Business Data Analyst, you will work within the Global Compliance Practices team and will support the Global Compliance team, and key Legal, Risk, and Business colleagues, using Data Analytics to strategically drive the Compliance Risk Management program.
You will perform detailed analytics work in an independent fashion to support the Global Compliance team’s goals and objectives. You will perform the collection, aggregation, analysis, and visualization of the customer and product data, develop reports for use by senior stakeholders and perform analysis in support of the design, implementation, and improvement of Compliance tools and systems.
This role will give huge visibility across the Bloomberg businesses as you assist with Compliance Monitoring and Testing, and helping to delve deeper using data analytics to identify higher risk areas. In addition, as your understanding of Bloomberg products develops, they will encourage you to identify and call out the top and emerging risks to Compliance Management.
They’ll Trust You To:
Support the Global Head of Compliance Practices, the Global Chief Compliance Officer, each of the Regional Chief Compliance Officers, and Bloomberg’s business by:
- Being a global thought-leader and team player on the subject of Compliance Practices.
- Strengthening Compliance Monitoring & Testing, and supporting relevant monitoring and testing routines on a risk-focused basis, using Data Analytics
- Interacting directly to senior management on the above programs
- Managing ad hoc assignments as required
- Collecting, aggregating, analyzing, and visualizing customer and product data to identify trends and evaluate changes of customer and product risk exposure
- Developing MI reports for submission to Senior Management
You’ll Need To Have:
- Professional work experience working with and analyzing large data sets, with demonstrated exposure to Financial Services, Trading or Compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or another related field)
- Ability to transform Compliance business problems and requirements into analytics work product.
- Regulatory Compliance risk management experience, particularly with data, platforms, and data management
- Experience with at least some of the following technologies to build analysis and drive insights from data:
- Database: Oracle (PL/SQL), Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Analytics tools: R, Python
- Reporting tools: PowerBI, Tableau, Excel
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts, and coordinating with several partners across our company
- Enthusiasm, be self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- The ability to work creatively and efficiently, to assist with building a program that’s deeply practical, risk-focused, and conscious of business and control partners’ needs
- To be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality; with an unquestionable character, integrity, and professionalism
They’d love to see:
- International experience, especially in Asia, U.K, or the E.U.
- Experience with operational risk management
- Familiarity with financial markets and products including trading platform and operations
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think they’re a good match. They’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1