In October 2019 the government announced its Health Infrastructure Plan, a long-term, rolling five-year programme of investment in health infrastructure, including capital to build new hospitals, modernise primary care estate, invest in new diagnostics and technology, and help eradicate critical safety issues in the NHS estate. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) is part of phase 2 of this plan and the Modernising our Hospitals and Health Services (MOHHS) programme has been given the green light to go to the next stage of developing its plans (with the aim of being ready to deliver between 2025-2030). This is an exciting opportunity to be part of developing a new state of the art hospital and health infrastructure for the population of North and Mid Hampshire.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, collaborative person with strong hands-on experience and solid track record with statistical analysis, machine learning, predictive analytics, software engineering, and passion for enabling transformational service delivery through data science, for our modernised hospitals. The Corporate Senior intelligence data scientist will have responsibility for developing and information analyses to support the MOHHS programme, clinical service re-provision and clinical service reconfiguration.
- Consult closely with Trust and system partners to identify their needs
- Perform interrogation and analysis on a range of data sets, identifying patterns and trends in order to deliver insight and intelligence to provide meaningful analysis, interpretation and presentation of highly complex data.
- Build high-quality analytics systems that solve our customers’ problems using techniques from data mining, statistics, and machine learning
- Develop end-to-end data science applications that apply predictive, prescriptive, and cognitive analytic methods to hospital and system-wide clinical and operational strategic initiatives
- Promote a wider understanding of data quality and its implications
- Cleaning and validating the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Support the delivery of specific Information Governance Standards compliance as directed.
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester, and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Natasha Kerrigan Job title: Programme Director Email address: Natasha.Kerrigan@hhft.nhs.uk Telephone number: 07584155180
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1