Bose Health is on a mission to help consumers and patients reach their fullest human potential by living healthier, more engaged lives through mental, physical and social wellbeing. We currently have opportunities for experienced cloud software engineers to get in on the ground floor as we define a new Bose product category that will improve people’s lives in ways they didn’t imagine possible. Hint: it’s not a radio.
At Bose, we’ve spent more than 50 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people—in their homes, in automobiles, in airplanes, and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. Our legendary Wave® music system, SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth speaker, or QuietComfort® acoustic noise cancelling headphones may ring a bell with you. Bose relies on exceptional people to create and deliver those products to our customers.
We are stretching our vision and obsessive approach to providing customer benefit by focusing on improving people’s lives in fundamentally new ways beyond audio entertainment. Our emerging businesses leverage new-to-the-world technologies, along with academic and corporate partnerships, and translate them into compelling consumer experiences that make a difference. This new group has the bold attitude and flexibility of a startup with the financial backing and market leadership of a world-class brand.
If the prospect of making a positive tangible impact on millions of people excites you, and you enjoy working on teams with other really smart people, then we want to meet you.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
As a key member of the team you will be responsible for designing and developing microservices, REST APIs and solutions within the Bose Health Cloud software ecosystem. The ideal candidate has strong software engineering skills and has worked with microservices and cloud deployment in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Design and develop back-end microservices and REST APIs for connected devices, web applications, and mobile applications
- Collaborate with embedded software, mobile applications and data science teams on health product features and services
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Work with other software leads on developing continuous integration and unit test automation
- Document the work you do, especially APIs that you create
- 5+ in in software development
- 2+ years developing and deploying high volume web services on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Expert knowledge coding in languages such as Java, Go, Python, or Node.js
- Hands-on experience using and developing REST APIs
- Working knowledge of Relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora), NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, BigTable, Redis), or Big Data storage solutions
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing
- Agile / Scrum methodology
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1