Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Their culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. A growth mindset encourages each of them to lean in and learn what matters most to their customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables them to make customer-first decisions in everything they do. In doing so, they create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help them achieve their mission.
Microsoft also has a longstanding commitment to global corporate philanthropy. Since 2016, they have donated more than $2.5 billion in cash grants, software, hardware, and cloud technology to hundreds of thousands of nonprofits and helped 90,000 move to the cloud. In September 2017 they launched Tech for Social Impact (TSI), powered by a sustainable social model where profits are reinvested into expanding support for nonprofits. The TSI team is dedicated to making world-class cloud technology accessible and affordable so that nonprofits can drive even greater impact.
To scale their impact across the nonprofit community the company is investing in the TSI Group. This organization will bring together their donation and grants programs, commercial sales efforts and partner ecosystem to empower nonprofits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. This will include leading the “Digital Transformation for Social Impact” go-to-market, working with nonprofits to maximize their social impact through the power of Microsoft platforms. Profits generated from this business will be reapplied to scaling operations and to support cash donations to high impact social projects. Fueling all of this new work and investment is the aim to empower every nonprofit to do their best work to create an inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout their communities.
They are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data Platform & Advanced Analytics/Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the Enterprise accounts segment of their business. This is a customer-facing role, owning an overall technical relationship between customer and Microsoft Data, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Platform.
You will own the Data Platform & Advanced Analytics technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Data Platform and Advanced Analytics solutions to productions.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision-makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of the Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform,
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Experience. 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get a consensus on solutions/projects required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist) required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management.
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- SQL including OSS (Postgres, MySQL, etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo, etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python required
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. They also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1