The primary responsibilities of this role, Computational Scientist II, are to:
- The Computational & Data Scientist will be a member of the Science, Competitor, and IP Intelligence (SCIPI), a global team within Bayer Crop Science R&D Operations. SCIPI combines Crop Science insights and expertise with information science capabilities to deliver authoritative Information for Innovation at Bayer Crop Science providing customized, targeted alerts with the newest patents and scientific/business research, together with in-depth retrieval and analysis of data and literature. The Computational & Data Scientist will be part of the SCIPI Biology team in St. Louis;
- Partner with the Science, Competitor and Intellectual Property Intelligence (SCIPI) team members on developing solutions for processing and visualizing large-scale text data by applying state-of-the-art methods, including text mining, machine learning, and data pipelining;
- Build machine learning capabilities for document classification, data normalization/standardization and data asset/terminology management;
- Contribute to digital transformation by evaluating and deploying new technologies;
- Support essential IT solutions related to SCIPI applications;
- Collaborate with peers within Crop Science, IT, and Pharma information management teams on shared data science projects.
Who You Are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience OR Master’s degree with at least two years of experience OR Ph.D. in Computer science, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Genetics, Biostatistics or a comparable applied Computational science or Life sciences degree;
- Basic/intermediate skills in text analytics or data science methods (e.g. machine learning, text mining, ontologies, Natural Language Processing for handling unstructured text information on a large scale);
- Knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the following: Excel VBA, semantics search, Python, R, Spotfire, Tableau, data asset, and terminology management;
- Experience in the successful delivery of valuable analysis through application of domain knowledge;
- Curiosity facilitating innovation with the ability to implement;
- Good communication, collaboration, and networking skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, they encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1