Deloitte’s Tax Ventures team is a key strategic function within the tax business and includes a number of future-looking capabilities that combined, are helping to drive exciting and innovative growth opportunities. You’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of industry, tax SMEs, technology and analytics specialists to provide specialist data science expertise and support on a diverse range of projects with both an internal and client focus.
Your role will be as the Lead Data Scientist within their expanding AI & Data Studio. The role involves working on new and existing projects and products, delivering insights to clients, and utilizing data to make smarter, better decisions. You will be responsible for applying data mining techniques, undertaking statistical analysis, deploying cutting edge machine learning tools and techniques, and drawing insights and building predictive models on both structured and unstructured data.
This role will involve working on the delivery of key data science-driven services and transformation projects.
- Proactively sourcing additional external structured and unstructured data sets to enhance services and insights
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results from a business-centric perspective
- Creating anomaly detection systems and perform constant tracking of performance
- Clearly and confidently articulate the value and benefits of delivering analytics projects to clients
- Working closely with tax SMEs to build a deep understanding of business/client challenges and in the development of POCs
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte they believe the best impact is the value they add, not the hours we sit at our desk. They carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for their people and clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunities for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Their team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell them what arrangement works for you and they’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits- for example, Python, R, Alteryx, SSIS, SPSS
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL language
- Strong statistics skills including distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience in working with unstructured data sets
- Good scripting and programming skills to allow integration with existing services using Microsoft technologies
- Data and analytical orientated mind-set
- Experience in developing and testing predictive algorithms
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlikview and Tableau preferred
Salary: Market Rate. Opening Date: 28.04.2020. Closing Date: 26.05.2020. Full Time
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in their industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge them to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured program that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practices in their industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. They are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds, etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
What do they do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory, and Tax Consulting. Their approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem-solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions, and innovation from multiple disciplines to help their clients excel anywhere in the world.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership are crucial for Deloitte. Their leaders always set an example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
They Know Leadership Comes In All Shapes And Sizes, But Their Leadership Charter Helps All Of Their People Understand What They’re Looking For
They expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live their purpose and leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for their clients, people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
- They live their purpose: they act as a role model, embracing and living their purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- They develop talent: they develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- They drive performance: they deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- They believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: they influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- They move, together, towards a strategic direction: they understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1