Consultant Data Scientist
As a Consultant Data Scientist in Kainos, you’ll be responsible for leading teams and developing high quality solutions that use AI and ML technologies to delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide. It’s a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow. As the technical leader in the team, you will also interact with customers, share knowledge and mentor those around you.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics or in a similar highly quantitative field.
- A proven ability to solve complex problems with demonstrable ability to learn new business concepts and domains quickly.
- Expertise in developing models in languages including Python/R
- Expertise using machine learning libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib)
- Significant experience in cleansing, filtering and re-factoring complex data from different sources (including non-traditional data sources).
- Expertise of working with Relational databases, NoSQL and various visualisation techniques.
- Experience in delivering AI/ML projects to production through leadership and mentoring of junior team members
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead client projects and establish requirements in non-technical language.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or in a similar highly quantitative field.
- Multiple examples of delivering data science projects and predictive solutions to live in an industry production environment.
- Experience of containerisation and cloud deployment.
- Experience of Deep Learning Architectures (e.g. MLP, RNN, CNN)
Who you are
- Determined – you’re flexible and overcome obstacles to get the job done to achieve personal and team goals.
- Creative – you actively look for better ways to do things using the latest AI technologies to find fresh solutions to complex problems
- Honest – always constructive when giving or receiving feedback, being transparent and truthful when dealing with others
- Respectful – you treat others as you would like to be treated being encouraging, accepting and supportive to everyone you deal with
- Cooperative – you share information, knowledge and experience, understanding the mutual benefits of team working
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1