Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether they’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Their global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, they can help people build stronger communities – they’re just getting started. Core Data Science ( is a research and development team, working to improve Facebook’s products, infrastructure, and processes. They generate real-world impact through a combination of scientific rigor and methodological innovation. They are an interdisciplinary team, with expertise in computer science, statistics, machine learning, economics, political science, operations research, and sociology, among many other fields. This diversity of perspectives enriches our research and expands the scope and scale of projects they can address. They are looking for researchers and data scientists to join the team in London and Tel Aviv. They work closely with various product groups throughout Facebook, bringing expertise in modeling, machine learning, statistics, statistical computing, data analysis, algorithms, and social network analysis. By applying your knowledge of such topics you will be empowered to drive impact across all manner of strategic decisions, product, infrastructure and operational use cases at Facebook. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to mission critical inferential and decision problems by leveraging or developing state of the art statistical and machine learning methodologies on top of Facebook’s unparalleled data infrastructure.
- Apply excellent communication skills in order to develop cross-functional partnerships throughout the company and spread scientific best practices.
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, designers, UX researchers, and product managers to accomplish complex tasks that deliver demonstrable value to Facebook’s community of over 2 billion users.
- Think creatively, proactively, and futuristically to identify new opportunities within Facebook’s long term roadmap for data-scientific contributions. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Computational Social Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science or related field
- Must be returning to school for at least one semester/quarter post internship
- Experience in machine learning, statistical analysis or social network analysis.
- Experience with data analysis using tools such as R or Python, with packages such as NumPy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn, tidyverse (dplyr, ggplot2, etc.).
- Ability to initiate and drive research projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- The ability to communicate scientific work in a clear and effective manner. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in lower level languages such as C++, Java.
- Experience in scalable dataset assembly / data wrangling, such as Presto, Hive or Spark.
- Publications at top international conferences or scientific journals Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at .
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1