At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next- generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is seeking a Cybersecurity Data Engineer to work on our Cloudmark Security Platform for Email solution. We are on a mission to delight our customers and partners by helping them achieve their business goals.
We are a creative and data-driven team, focused on continuous learning about our customers’ needs and behaviors. We care deeply about customer experience, and cherish the insights we uncover through experimentation, analysis and prototyping.
As a Cybersecurity Data Engineer, you be part of a team to design and build email detection solutions in a fast, collaborative process. You will iterate quickly, operate on evidence and evolve as you learn. You are biased towards action, pragmatism, and results.
- Participate in a creative, enthusiastic, and geographically-distributed team responsible for identifying and responding to spam attacks launched against some of the World’s largest ISPs, web hosting providers, and mobile network operators.
- Perform deep analysis of spam message headers & structure to identify novel spam features, and design rules to detect those features.
- Work closely with Engineering, Support and Technical Services teams to supply customers with a multipronged strategy to defend against malicious messages.
- Collaborate in the design of software to respond to new attacks, with a focus on automation to ensure that new threats are stopped quickly.
- Perform in-depth analysis of tactics used to circumvent detection to create fast, effective techniques against high volume attacks.
- Participate in defining the landscape, prevalence, and evolution of messaging abuse, by documenting emerging threats and trends, and by contributing to future product requirements.
- Create reports and perform in-depth data analysis using Splunk, Google BigQuery, SQL and other tools.
- Develop tools to aid and streamline analysis activities.
What You Bring To The Team
- Natural curiosity and ability to work with minimal guidance, while collaborating across multiple, geographically distributed departments.
- Can-do attitude with a focus on problem solving, product quality, and a strong desire to get the job done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English), including the ability to convey highly technical information in an accessible manner, both in written reports and live presentations.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining systems.
- Familiarity with SQL and SIEM (Splunk, Kibana).
- Familiarity with regular expressions and shell scripting.
- Familiarity programming in Python, Golang, Perl, or other languages.
- Experience with Linux environments and command-line tools.
- Familiarity with internet protocols (SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP) – mobile protocols a plus
Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or Data Science, or equivalent experience
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
- Computer & Network Security
- Computer Software
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1