Data Analyst – 38061
Analytics – USA Stamford, Connecticut
Nielsen Sports Data Analyst
Analytics – USA Stamford, Connecticut
Nielsen Sports is a global leader in the Sports Marketing industry, providing measurement, analytics and advice to help brands, sports teams, and rights holders drive the performance of their business.
We are looking for a talented Data Analyst that has a passion working with data, backed with strong creativity and discipline.
As an analyst, you will play a critical role in delivering first-class evaluations and drawing insights across sponsorship and media consumption to support client decision making in a reliable and efficient manner.
- Develop mastery of Nielsen tools and metrics, which you will use to help evaluate data to solve our client’s most pressing business questions
- Build multidimensional data sets used to value sponsorships across different media platforms
- Create and manage league sponsorship files used for client reporting, benchmarking, and trends
- Drive automation efforts across report building
- Produce reports across different client types, helping to identify, analyze, and interpret key performance measures
- Collaborate with team members in the design and execution of sports industry projects and predictive studies through critical thinking and problem solving
- Communicate internally with client service account team regarding project requirements, interpretation of data, and the development of recommendations that will be presented to clients and used by industry leaders to set strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Market Research, or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Possess a naturally curious mindset, enthusiasm working with data, strong adaptability, and sense of accountability
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, including use of formula writing, logic statements, pivot tables, index/lookups, macros, and PowerPivots
- Advanced knowledge of dashboard design (VBA, tableau, powerBI, qlik, SQL)
- Working knowledge of implementation of main stats tests and algorithms
- Demonstrated competency in data analysis and visualization
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify data and complex ideas
Good to have
- Knowledge of Nielsen viewership and product suite
- Knowledge of and interest in the US sports and entertainment landscape is desired.
- Programming skills focused on data analytics and processes automation.
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation,continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com .
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Stamford , Connecticut
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City,
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1