At Uber, they ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. They take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
They welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
The Data Analyst on the Community Operations (CommOps) Global Safety & Risk Support team will support Audit Operations. This analyst is an analytical and technical problem solver, who is able to dive into unstructured environments to design solutions. You will drive analyses behind company-wide decisions related to their community’s support experience; build scalable processes and systems that enable internal and external stakeholders to leverage data and act upon insights. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of high-priority projects and have exposure to multiple stakeholders within (Operations, Product, and Engineering) and outside Uber (support agents, customers).
About The Team
The Audit Ops mission is to ensure data integrity and deliver business insights through scaled and accurate auditing and human insights. The vision of the team is to become the go-to experts on auditing for data integrity and delivering these insights.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver-partner support around the globe. Global Safety & Risk Support is a customer service program chartered with driving collaboration, providing the business with a consolidated voice, and defining and delivering on a best-in-class safety & risk support program. This role will help align and standardize their regional safety support programs around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Drive analysis on global projects to improve the experience of their customers and support agents
- Act as a global POC between CommOps analysts and Audit Ops, to ensure CommOps needs are met
- Identify trends in audit categorization and quality checks
- Lead data tool improvement efforts and centralize KPI dashboards
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible
- Problem solve. They’re faced with new and interesting problems that need to be solved every single day. Identify and implement short-term solutions in a timely manner, while helping define the long-term solution.
- Build and own periodic reporting & data visualizations – Take advantage of the ever-growing amount of data they have at their fingertips to help stakeholders all over the world manage and improve their operations
- Coordinate with members of other business teams spanning the company to measure the impact and efficiency of new initiatives and business processes
What You’ll Need
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Operations Research, or other quantitative focus (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a quantitative/analytical role, preferably within the tech
- Excellent analytical thinking – you connect the dots between the data and operations and gut check every number you see
- Excellent Excel and general programming/coding skills
- Experience with data visualization and extracting insights from data
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques and the ability to employ them in solving business problems
- Ability to thrive under pressure and in challenging environments
- Team player
- Strong organization & project management skills. Able to structure a project from idea to design/prototype to implementation
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Bonus Points if
- Experience in scripting languages, such as SQL, Python or R
- Experience in data visualization tools, such as Shiny or Tableau
- Masters in a quantitative field (e.g., analytics, statistics)
- Experience working with customer support data, contact management analytics or customer insights
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1