Black Swan Data Avionics is the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment (IFE) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with their software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
They focus on improving the IFE passenger experience through personalization, offering a whole new world of seat-back entertainment systems, pairing with mobile devices and enabling internet connections while passengers are in the air. Their technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, whilst they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. In-flight entertainment is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data, and applications have not yet matured, and they are working hard to capitalize on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of in-flight entertainment and Black Swan Data Avionics!!
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan Data thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today they employ 260 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa
Your role in at Black Swan Data as a Data Analyst….
They are looking for a bright, ambitious Data Analyst to join their Product team who will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of new product development. The Data Analyst will help to make sense of product data and metrics, turning them into actionable insights through Business Intelligence reporting. Your role will be integral in their product roadmap and strategy, with data at the heart of innovation.
- Passion for data and are interested in using it to drive product decisions.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- The ability to communicate information and concepts in a simple and digestible way for non-technical stakeholders.
- Analyzing data against performance metrics and reporting back to the business on key insights.
- Contribute towards building a reporting data pipeline; including performing data analytics, building data dashboards and implementing an optimized on-going data management process.
- Experience using product metrics reporting tools such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel.
- Experience using visualization tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau to present findings.
- Analyzing how data is currently being utilized and improve the use of data-driven decision making across the product lifecycle.
- Previous experience in a Data Analyst position with a proven track record of influencing business decisions through data insight.
- Proven experience in the delivery of Insights Reports in a product team.
- Proven experience of using product reporting tools such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel.
- Visualization reporting experience using BI tools (such as Power BI, QlikView and/or Tableau.)
- Ensuring the quality of the data is at a high standard.
- Experience extracting data and applying data manipulation techniques.
- Experience using SQL, R, Python, SPSS – advantageous.
- Degree or equivalent qualification is advantageous, although not a deal-breaker!
What makes a ‘Swan’?
They want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. They know Black Swan Data’s DNA is different, it’s what helps them find new perspectives on clients’ problems. Working in a fast-paced, energized environment, their bar is set high, and an ability to build long-lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital. Other key skills required for this role include:
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Worked previously in agile development teams
- Someone who is opinionated
- Loves to chat about mobile and the latest technology
What They Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan Data they promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industry’s latest technologies.
Talented Teams - They ensure they have the best talent in the market – They hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. They have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan Data’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is their priority.
Working environment – Because you spend 60% of your time at work, they try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of all the snacks you can eat in their all-day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley – (check them out on their Instagram page!). Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan Data.
They want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1