Their technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow their millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. They also run and manage their IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Their multi-disciplined teams include DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
They work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from their offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, their global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across their Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, they are currently seeking a Data Analyst to join HSBC Technology.
Operations and Shared Services Technology was formed at the beginning of 2018, bringing together some of the critical services which are used by all GB / GFs into one organization. The aim was to create a dedicated shared services center to enhance technology capability, better support Operations and deliver industry-leading change.
The total portfolio of OSS Technology is a c$550 million budget in 2019 which includes Run the Bank of critical services and large scale CTB transformation programs. OSS Technology encompasses shared platforms that are used by multiple GB / GFs and external customers. Core Banking processess17 a billion transactions per year, 56 million accounts, deployed in 65 countries with over 20 million lines of code.
Group Operations is embarking on an exciting and bold journey to fundamentally change the way they interact with customers and how they provide products and services to them. The longer-term vision is to better use technology and innovation to deliver a simpler, better and faster customer experience while also being more cost-effective.
That is why the Operations Transformation Programme was created. Its purpose is to lay the foundation required to meet this change by being intensely focused on transforming their processes and ways of working through technology, innovation, and investment in people.
The Operations Transformation program is a 3 year, £300m program aimed at transforming key customer journeys across 5 main workstreams; Consumer, Wholesale, Ops Services, Payments, and FCR. This program feeds into the wider HSBC 2030 vision statement of evolving their processes, organizational structure and ways of working to deliver faster and better service to their customers and help HSBC become the world’s leading international bank.
The role holder will support the Senior Business Manager lead to undertake strategic business planning, business operations, financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and manage the workforce using Pioneer. The role holder will have direct responsibility for the consolidation of forecasting and reporting for the all service line portfolio areas and as such faces off to Global stakeholders.
What you will be doing;
- Consult with stakeholders to determine data requirements.
- Generate data from relevant HSBC systems as well as external sources.
- Participation in the design and delivery of reporting applications
- Conduct analysis to detect trends and anomalies
- Suggest remedial actions or escalate detections which give cause for concern
- Share information with stakeholders in suitable forms, these may be charts, tables or templates
- Participate in forums, meetings or events to interpret data and support decision making
- Where team management responsibility is required, Data Analysis job holders will manage the provision of developmental activity for team members and oversee their work schedules to ensure optimum coverage for stakeholders
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills
- Experience running data management programs and/or organizations at a large financial services institution operating in a global regulatory environment
- Knowledge of data management practices
- Active industry knowledge of the current state of data management trends & regulation
- Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Services (Banking, Wealth Management, and Capital Markets) business processes and resultant information needs: client, risk / regulatory / finance, etc
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structure, data systems/tools, and related software and data management policies and practices in a complex organizational environment
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, they believe diversity brings benefits for their customers, business and people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
They want everyone to be able to fulfill their potential which is why they provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with their Privacy Statement, which is available on their website.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1