Job Description: Your way to impact
Risk Data Analysts apply their analytical and technical skills into researching data, monitoring and creating logics that stop fraudulent activity on PayPal’s platforfm. They analyze existing loss trends and define logics, solutions and operational processes that prevent them – while delivering best-in-class customer experience for PayPal users.Risk Data Analysts work closely with one another, and with Risk Operations in order to keep learning about current fraud. They also partner closely with PayPal Product teams to define features and integrate risk prevention tools to support business goals. The team members are excited about solving analytical problems. They are bright, they are responsible, and they know how to follow through. If you’re also like that, we’d love to hear from you.
Your day to dayf
- Fight fraudulent activity in one’s domain of ownership by analyzing existing loss trends through review of specific cases, research on the payments database and incorporation of feedback from operations teams.
- Based on data-driven analysis, formulating risk solutions to ensure optimal balance between user experience, business enablement, operational expense and loss exposure related to proposed solutions
- Work closely with product teams on development of new products to identify potential gaps that might create loss, and define requirements to mitigate those risks.
- Have a good understanding of general business trends and directions to be able to put own work in the broad business context.
- Work with various partners within PayPal to coordinate the execution of fraud mitigation solutions.
- Demonstrate flexibility that is needed to succeed within a matrix organization while being proactive and comfortable with working alongside stakeholders from different domains.
- Develop controls and monitoring dashboards to ensure performance against business goal, regulatory requirements and business priorities.
What Do You Need To Bring-
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tool: SAS / R / Python/ Hadoop
- Strong analytical skills: ability to build quick estimates using back-of-the-envelope analysis, structure (and, if needed, execute) more complex analyses, pull together business cases, navigate multidimensional sets of tradeoffs. Above all, the job calls for comfort with data – ability to manipulate it, question its validity, interpret it, and develop recommendations based on it
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain and/or present analysis
- Dedicated, proactive, curious and eager to learn new approaches / methodologies – a must
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1