National League of Cities – Washington,
DCPosition TypeFull Time
Salary Range$58,456.00 – $90,283.00 Salary
Travel PercentageUp to 25%Job ShiftDay
Who We Are
The National League of Cities is an organization based in Washington, D.C. comprised of city, town, and village leaders across the country that are focused on improving the quality of life for their current and future constituents. With over 90 years of dedication to the strength, health, and advancement of local governments, NLC has gained the trust and support of more than 2,000 cities, towns, and villages across the nation. Together, our mission is to strengthen local leadership, influence federal policy and drive innovative solutions. To learn more about our guiding principles
Consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the National League of Cities, the Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the design and development of NLC’s data library using NLC’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management platform) Netforum and Microsoft’s Azure Cloud. In addition, the Data Analyst will respond to staff research and data support ticket requests, including developing and providing staff training on basic data sources and techniques and creating dashboards to track key performance indicators. Activities may include indexing and compiling NLC-produced and publicly available datasets and developing data integrations with visualization platforms such as PowerBI.
- Data Library Development
- Compile and catalog new and existing data, including relevant APIs.
- Develop data integrations to upload and update data.
- Support the development of robust data architecture that incorporates Netforum.
- Research and Data Requests
- Aid and respond to information requests from NLC staff, member cities, state municipal leagues, and other interested parties on data housed in Netforum and NLC’s instance of Azure Cloud.
- Develop dashboards, reports, tools, and resources to support data and business analytics that sustain, measure, and improve organizational performance.
- Support NLC data and systems integration to improve business processes and performance across the organization.
- Staff Training
- Develop and deliver ongoing staff tools and data training
Education And ExperiencePerform other duties and complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, statistics, or relevant experience is required;
- 1-2yrs experience with CRM such as Netforum, Salesforce, or Aptify;
- 1-2yrs developing queries and manipulating data using SQL;
- 1-2yrs working in cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud;
- Experience with statistical, survey, and data tools to include, but not be limited to R, Python, Qualtrics, ArcGIS, PowerBI, and Tableau, to analyze and develop research outputs and insights on internal operations;
- Demonstrated understanding of how to access data from publicly available sources, whether raw data or through API, and manipulate it to provide city-level data points;
- Experience with developing and delivering staff data and user training;
- Demonstrated understanding of using data science techniques on business operations and sociodemographic and economic data; and
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
NLC Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Access
NLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and to prohibiting discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, or any other protected status and/or conditions specified in federal and local civil rights law.NLC strives to cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers results.NLC will take steps to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources email@example.com
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
This hybrid position is based in Washington, DC and requires three days on-site at our NLC headquarters.
- Competitive benefits and retirement package
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Hybrid work environment
- Professional Development
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1