Energy Aspects currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Data Analyst to join our Data Team based out of our London office. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced analyst or aspiring technical/data-focused specialist to work closely with our highly regarded global oil, natural gas, and energy teams, optimizing our data content and capabilities.The successful candidate will contribute to building and maintaining models and data products for both internal use and external clients.You will spend much of your time working with data, putting your technical and analytical skills to good use.
- Contributing to projects, from data collection to modeling and deployment
- Contributing to products at a quality level consistent with client-facing products
- This includes working on delivering models through web-based applications (experience preferred but not compulsory, the candidate however needs to be interested in learning these technologies from the team)
- Understanding analyst requirements and delivering solutions to answer market questions
- With the guidance of senior members of the team, proposing and implementing market models. Managing the relationship with key users of these models
- Value-driven and can-do attitude. We are a fast-growing company which creates a lot of opportunities for growth but also requires us to deliver on a wide range of tasks
- Python: Able to write production-level code. Excellent understanding of best practices
- Experience building forecasting and analytical models (Pandas, scikit learn, stats models)
- Experience communicating around data and models with technical and non-technical people using presentation and charting tools (Seaborn, Plotly, Matplotliob)
- SQL: Good querying skills
- Ability to own and deliver projects involving stakeholders with a wide range of technical capabilities
- Attention to detail in both handling data and written English
- Use of cloud data platforms (Google Cloud, AWS)
- Use of web development tools is not essential but would be advantageous (Flask / Dash is our stack)
- Energy sector experience is not essential but would be advantageous
- An interest in commodities, energy, or financial markets would be beneficial
Founded in 2012, we are an independent research consultancy that has enjoyed phenomenal growth since our inception, and we have very ambitious plans to continue our upwards growth trajectory. We are passionately committed to providing indispensable and industry-leading short, medium, and long-term analysis, and forecasts of the energy markets, that helps our clients trade, invest, finance and plan. With the recent acquisition of macro research firm Medley Global Advisorsthe combination of our market-leading global macro policy analysis and deep energy markets expertise, has further strengthened our services to the global financial markets and has enhanced our ability to support our expanding client base, as the energy transition gathers pace and markets look to find their feet in an uncertain future.Our suite of subscription services can be tailored to meet our clients’ specific needs and combines a data-rich approach and our extensive network of contacts, with insight on geopolitics and energy policy to provide best-in-class assessment, analysis and forecasts of major trends, topics, and regions. We also deliver timely analysis of breaking news events and offer proprietary data services that cover fundamental trade and supply/demand data, across a wide variety of products and markets.
Culture & Benefits
The proud recipient of accreditation from Best Companies, we truly understand the importance of workplace engagement and genuinely value our people. We offer a fast-paced, driven, collaborative and dynamic working culture where you are recognised and rewarded for your contributions to our tremendous growth story.At Energy Aspects you could be part of an active, social, and friendly team where you will have the opportunity to join our running, circuit training, five-a-side football or lunch clubs. You might also enjoy letting loose at our social events or just sharing an unwinding drink on a Friday afternoon at our in-house bar the Nodding Donkey.Working out of our Canary Wharf office, you can take advantage of low commute times and easy access from across London, excellent amenities for shopping, gyms and healthcare, restaurants, and bars. We do also provide daily fresh fruit, hot drinks, soft drinks, snacks and the occasional exotic treats from our international travels.Our compensation packages include annual bonus, a company share options scheme, private health insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension contributions, subsidised gym membership and considerable holiday time.Energy Aspects is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1