Data Analyst – 34648
Operations – USA Chicago, Illinois
We understand the importance of knowing what consumers see and buy. That is our passion and the center of our business. We study and know consumers in more than 100 countries to provide the most comprehensive insight into trends and habits around the world.
With nearly 34,000 employees in more than 100 countries around the world, Nielsen offers a wide variety of full-time career opportunities, and part time jobs for trainees and interns.
At Nielsen we believe in talent and diversity! In Nielsen you can be you, you can grow with us and you can make a difference. At Nielsen we want you to succeed as your most authentic self.
Objective/ About The Area
With expertise in database design and structure, the Data Analyst works directly with the client/client services to create database solutions that address key business needs.
Your main responsibilities asData Analyst at Nielsen will be:
Provide both internal and external consultation related to industry trends, database design & structure, and coding & maintenance efficiency.
- Solid understanding of all Nielsen deliverables, platforms, tools, BDPs and operational capabilities and limitations to effectively provide consultative leadership.
- Lead detailed data structure requirements discussions that synchronize Nielsen capabilities to client expected outcome; create alignment with client on deliverables.
- Analyze, interpret & translate industry trends and make database recommendations based on empirical evidence that solves for key business issues.
- Understand, interpret and provide recommendations for Nielsen products & services that address key business issues outside of database change
- Appropriately set and manage expectations regarding process & database capabilities with all stakeholders.
Database Design & Architecture
- Refine high level business requirements through analysis to ensure proper design; identify & discuss any constraints to design, process or delivery with stakeholders.
- Accurately interpret business requirements to execution team and provide consult as needed.
- Provide visualizations for client reviews and gain feedback; make adjustments prior to delivery
- Conduct high level validations at key tollgates to ensure accurate interpretation and implementation of requirements
- Utilize input tools and applications that automate processes and analyze data to ensure consistency, completeness and correctness of the data.
What makes you the perfect fit for this role?
- Presentation: Ability to prepare, anticipate & respond to “live” dialogue with a client
- PowerPoint: Ability to prepare meaningful presentations using PowerPoint software
- Non-Product Dimension: Ability to consult on markets, facts and period in relation to database
- Platform Offerings: Ability to consult on eSpec, Item Master, NAPE, Nitro, AOD & NDX capabilities
- Global Offerings: Basic understanding of various global delivery platforms
- eComm Offerings: Basic understanding of eComm offering & how it integrates into custom delivery plans
- Char & Values: Knowledgeable of Nielsen Char & Value offerings (i.e. H&W, Syndicated, Custom)
- New Nielsen Offerings: Understanding of new Nielsen offerings & ability to translate that to client
- Statement of Work: Ability to create SOW document to encompass project scope, expectations & deliverables.
Database Design & Architecture Skills
- Excel-pivots: Ability to utilize excel for pivots & basic functionality
- Excel-prototyping: Ability to prototype in Excel
- Spec Workbook: Understanding of Spec Workbook process
- Validation BDPs: Understanding and adherence to validation BDPs
- Coding Concepts BDPs: Understanding and adherence to coding concepts BDPs
- Preferred: SQL
We want to hear from you! If you are interested, send us your updated resume.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: AR – Bentonville, , ,
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1