At Uber, they ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. They take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
They welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with them and let’s move the world forward, together
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. They also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let them know by completing this form.
About The Role
This team owns a portfolio of customer engagement products, including subscription passes and rider loyalty. The role will be focused on expanding and improving subscription offerings, working closely with data scientists, engineers, product leads, and a range of other multi-functional partners to strategically drive growth. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Running experiments to measure the impact of subscriptions on Uber’s business
- Mining data to expose insights about their customers and their usage of the product, presenting the results to various stakeholders and influence product iteration direction
- Partnering with finance, marketing & business leads to optimize pass pricing & customer targeting
- Working with engineering to build out clean data stores
- The building, maintaining, & owning data pipelines and dashboards that enable the entire team to adapt quickly and build great products
- Strong data manipulation skills – must be fluent in SQL and Python/R
- Solid foundation in statistics
- Very strong communication skills – data insights are only measurable if communicated clearly. This includes writing documents, putting together presentations, and speaking with people of all levels, from peers to top executives
- Team player – you recognize your teammates’ strengths with an appetite to learn from them. You are similarly excited to share your knowledge and pitch in anywhere it is valuable.
- Open-mindedness – they favor flexibility in our technical approaches and value the ability to see things from a driver or rider’s perspective.
- End-to-end ownership – you’ll dive into the data to understand the whole context, passionately advocate for your ideas, help out with implementation where needed, and always take responsibility for ensuring that riders and drivers have a great experience on their network.
- Hustle – a scrappy, impact-focused attitude is a must. Be ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business!
- Skills in Hive/Presto, spark/scala, tableau, shiny, e.g.
- Past experience with experimentation and observational studies
- Problem-solving skills, can excel in an ill-defined problem space and walk the way out with a structural solution
- Strong background in any of the following fields: Economics, Statistics, Operation Research or Machine Learning
- Have subscription or consumer product experience
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1