Square is looking for a Data Analyst to join the Seller Customer Success Operations team to help build the strategy by providing important insights that maximize customer happiness, team happiness, and operational efficiency.
You will need to develop reporting and summarize insights from the vast amount of data captured by Square. You will work with essential support team partners to create strategies to improve the performance of the team. You will also work with other Square teams to create and share insights and guide the execution of your strategic recommendations through project management.
- Lead strategic analytical projects that provide important insights or promote operational change. You will partner with senior leadership to accomplish these projects, providing analytical horsepower to high-level projects.
- Develop data models and pipelines to support the increasing scale and complexity of the CS organization (for example launching new channels such as Messaging, or bringing on new offshore teams)
- Model and report on data in Looker to monitor and understand topics such as employee productivity, vendor tool efficiency.
- Perform ad hoc analyses of business performance trends to inform executive decisions. For example, performing deep-dive analytics on high-impact topics such as drivers of call volumes by customer segment and the long-term impact of calling Customer Success
- Bachelor’s degree required, with major in the analytical or technical field strongly preferred
- 5+ years of analytical experience in consulting, product / BI analytics, business, or operations.
- Experience working with senior leadership on strategic projects that span ideation through delivery.
- Advanced to expert level SQL proficiency and have familiarity with concepts beyond querying: schema and ETL design, and query optimization. Experience with reporting and visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Familiarity with scripting/programming for data mining and modeling and ETL development (R, Python) is a plus.
- Exposure using Statistics to provide important insights.
At Square, they value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing their website may contact them by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. They will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and they will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, they want you to be well and thrive. Their global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1